Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

?

Yes
[ 3 ] (30%)
No
[ 7 ] (70%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Topic: Feature Request: Embedded Cuesheet in mp3 (Read 3011 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature Request: Embedded Cuesheet in mp3

Hello
It is possible with ape/flac, why shouldn't it be with mp3? I'd like to request this feature, as there are a lot of albums using this mp3+cue method. In the current state, I can't use media library properly; because foobar loads the mp3 file for default, and it only separates it when I add the cue sheet manually.
Please consider this request, not only for me, but for my fellow users aswell!
Thanks for reading, have a nice day!

Reply #1
mp3 doesn't support embedded cuesheets so what you're asking isn't possible.

but you can use foo_cuefilter to get around your issue.

http://wintense.com/plugins/foo_cuefilter

Reply #2
I’m going to display how bad my memory is now, but didn’t foobar2000 use to support embedded cue-sheets in MP3 as long as the file had APEv2 tags?

Reply #4
I did some trivial searching for myself, couldn't come to a final conclusion. Thanks for the quick answers and the component, I'll try it now
Cheers

UPDATE: It works perfectly now. I just needed to set media library to include .cue files. No dupes, or any messing with files which have embedded cuesheets. Thank you again!

Reply #5
I might sound like a broken record to some people around here, but what the OP requests is one of the more useful scenarios of using the Matroska container for audio. Since it can hold virtually any audio format and supports chapters, you can get files of any audio format with chapters using Matroska. For completeness' sake I will link to MKVToolnix, again. It can be used to create an MKA from an audio file and additionally load a CUE sheet as a chapter file.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.