Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Hydrogenaudio to host RareWares (Read 23328 times) previous topic - next topic

Hydrogenaudio to host RareWares

Reply #50
Kritip,

Good observation. As you may or may not know Rarewares is a straight text dump of the existing site, so that slipped through. I'll give Roberto a nudge.

Cheers,

Ruairi

No worries   
Just glad i didn't sound like i was complaning, just don't want HA or it's hosted sites getting into any legal bother (though im sure it wouldn't for that!!)

Cheers,

Kristian

Reply #51
Keep the RareWares name, warez is spelt with er, a z. 

It's very specifically NOT spelt with a 'z' because they are NOT 'warez' in the accepted sense. 

Lol...  I meant warez is the illegal stuff, spelt with a Z, RareWares isn't that
< w o g o n e . c o m / l o l >

Reply #52
Everyone,

I've changed the CSS to use Sans-Serif fonts. Yay!

Kritip,

I've PM'd Roberto. Thanks again!

Ruairi
rc55.com - nothing going on

Reply #53
For all those who had a gripe about the font, I just changed it all!! Now come back and tell me you don't like this either, I dare you!!

Reply #54
I'm also curious why programs such as this:

MPCencT: Encode MPC and add APE tags at once
V.0.32. Sources included. By Eric Stenborg.
Download (47Kb)

are still avaliable??!!  All the latest version support tagging from the command prompt and in various ripping programs, the only purpose i see for this now is if you want to use an old (non-recommended by HA) mppenc and also want to tag it from the command line.

I think, as this page will now attract many more people, will only serve to add confusion to the tagging.

Of course, if i have missed something obvious, forgive me! I don't want to seem like i have an opinion on the entire sites content, this particular download seems redundant though,

Cheers,

Kristian

Reply #55
John,

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've changed the CSS too! Whoops...

Lets make sure our copies are identical.

----------------- rw.css -----------------

tr {
   font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
   font-size: 12px;
   color: #FFFFFF;

}
a {
   font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
   font-size: 12px;
   color: #FFFFFF;
   text-decoration: underline;
   font-style: oblique;

}

-----------------------------------------------------

Cheers,

Ruairi
rc55.com - nothing going on

Reply #56
I'm also curious why programs such as this:

MPCencT: Encode MPC and add APE tags at once
V.0.32. Sources included. By Eric Stenborg.
Download (47Kb)

are still avaliable??!!  All the latest version support tagging from the command prompt and in various ripping programs, the only purpose i see for this now is if you want to use an old (non-recommended by HA) mppenc and also want to tag it from the command line.

I think, as this page will now attract many more people, will only serve to add confusion to the tagging.

Of course, if i have missed something obvious, forgive me! I don't want to seem like i have an opinion on the entire sites content, this particular download seems redundant though,

Cheers,

Kristian

I still need it.
I think that MPCencT is useful for tagging with Japanese characters (Shift-JIS).
It seems that mppenc cannot treat 2byte codes well.

Reply #57
I still need it.
I think that MPCencT is useful for tagging with Japanese characters (Shift-JIS).
It seems that mppenc cannot treat 2byte codes well.

Cool, no worries, i couldn't see a use for it, but i was sure there must be one.
Have you e-mailed the developer with your specific problem, it may be easily fixed!

Onto the website again, the download link for the FAAD2 binaries doesn't work from the main page, it does in the actuall downloads section though,

Kristian

Reply #58
Cool, no worries, i couldn't see a use for it, but i was sure there must be one.
Have you e-mailed the developer with your specific problem, it may be easily fixed!

I see. I will mail to Frank.

Reply #59
1. I don't want be negative, but i must remember to all RareWares' admins that mp3 (LAME) and aac (FAAC) binaries are *illegal* in many countries (USA too).

2. Is possible to see some player on RareWares ? (CoolPlayer P4?)

3. What about SoX ?

About non-audio stuff: it would be very nice if you'll put VP3 and XviD P4 compiles on your website !!!

Reply #60
I suggest a section called Players rather than putting them into Links.
Will be much easier to find.
ruxvilti'a

Reply #61
No more complaints.

This new font is much more legible, at least in my machine 
Just a thought...

Reply #62
This new font is much more legible, at least in my machine 

Ditto!

Reply #63
1. I don't want be negative, but i must remember to all RareWares' admins that mp3 (LAME) and aac (FAAC) binaries are *illegal* in many countries (USA too).

3. What about SoX ?

About non-audio stuff: it would be very nice if you'll put VP3 and XviD P4 compiles on your website !!!

The aac binaries are actually located at Roberto's old server in Brazil!!

I also hosted LAME binaries on my site in the UK, where the same comment would apply, and I noticed the odd visit from Fraunhoffer but I never received any unpleasant emails!!

Reply #64
@John33/rc55 :

See the "News" Page, and then see any other page ( MP3, mpeg4 ). Do you see anything wrong with the text? Isn't it harder to read?

In the news page, you've put a separation and indentation between the title and the description of each news.
I suggest you do so for every page.

Reply #65
Nope, either it's fixed or you use a caching proxy.
ruxvilti'a

Reply #66
Nope, either it's fixed or you use a caching proxy.

I agree with [JAZ]...the format used in the News section is far better for the eye, considering that it leaves more spaces between the different "paragraphs", compared to the program pages. Since the latter uses also Italics, it makes it a little bit harder to read. Other than that, the new font is really a far better choice 

Reply #67
I see Verdana normal for text, bold for titles, italic for hyperlinks...
Nothing specially unreadable.

Only a tiny bit more space between cells (not on main page) would be nice.
ruxvilti'a

Reply #68
Only a tiny bit more space between fields (not on main page) would be nice.

That's what I'm suggesting as well...it would make the text far more easier to read.

Reply #69

As John already pointed out, AAC binaries are being hosted in the nicest (regarding patents) country ever.

Some disclaimer will probably be welcome, though.

You can easily find it somewhere else? Then it doesn't really belongs to RareWares.

Although, of course, that rule can change now that I have more web space. I had to be very economic on space usage when I was limited to 15Mb.

3. What about SoX ?

Same thing. Or are you asking for an ICL compile? Then, it's definitely possible.

About XviD: I don't really want to compete with Nic and Koepi. I guess their compiles are already pretty much optimized for P4 already.

About VP3: Sure, as soon as there is more demand. BTW, are you talking about VP3 or Theora?

Reply #70
On another topic, i don't wan't to sound picky and i may be completly wrong about this an missunderstood what was being implied but doesn't hte RareWares FAQ break the Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service? See below:

Well, it actually is a very useful piece of text. You guys won't believe the amount of e-mails I used to get asking me where to download retail versions of CoolEdit, FhG MP3enc, WaveLab and even some advanced DirectX filters (everyone here knows I'm a Waves fan). After I added this little piece of "information", the flow of warez request e-mails nearly stopped.

Besides, I don't do a complete description on how to reach WebSound from there. "search for Aradzish" is as vague as I can get.

But sure, if the admins find that FAQ entry inappropiate, I will promptly delete it.

Regards;

R.

Reply #71
parabéns roberto  

I'd use the same words, but....
Sorry, we speak english here. TOS point 10.

Anyway, congratulations! nice page!

Reply #72
Flash,May 5 2003 - 03:06 AM]

parabéns roberto  

I'd use the same words, but....
Sorry, we speak english here. TOS point 10.

Anyway, congratulations! nice page!

Thank you very much, [XneCorp]Flash, marteataca, LIF and all the other non-brazilians that are supporting me/us.

@kritip: Dibrom very politely asked me to remove FAQ entry #4, so it's now gone.

Reply #73
May I ask you again to add alternate text to images?
The webpage is hard to browse using a text browser...
ruxvilti'a

Reply #74
The LamedropXPd download link on the MP3 page links to file "lamedropXPd-a.zip" which doesn't exist. Apparently it should link to "lamedropXPd-3.90.3.zip". Other than that, great work.