• grimes
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
foo_seek.dll
Reply #25
Seek 1.2

FIX: Pause in loop fails

Thanks for reporting this bug.
Since there is no command to pause a timer, I stopped loop mode on playback pause.

See first post.

• mikk
  • [*]
foo_seek.dll
Reply #26
Seek 1.2

FIX: Pause in loop fails

Thanks for reporting this bug.
Since there is no command to pause a timer, I stopped loop mode on playback pause.

See first post.

Hi!

Thanks for this quick repair!

But pasue function is needed for me. Can you make pause function of this component (via shortcout or any way)?

Thanks!

• reselty
  • [*][*]
foo_seek.dll
Reply #27
Hi There -  & Thanks for this tool!

How can I activate/use the the seek length I define under :
>> Preferences | Advanced | Playback | Seek | Preview | Preview length [ms] <<

to define longer f.e. 60sec preview then 20 sec under
>> Playback | Seek Control | Loop length (6s-20s, Default, End point mode, Set end point, Remove end point)

b.t.w: my version (1.2)  does not show  "End point mode, Set end point, Remove end point"

Thanks again!

• grimes
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
foo_seek.dll
Reply #28
The Preview length [ms] in Advanced Preferences is aktivated by Playback | Seek Control | Preview length | Default

Preview has no end pont mode (only loop)

• reselty
  • [*][*]
foo_seek.dll
Reply #29
The Preview length [ms] in Advanced Preferences is aktivated by Playback | Seek Control | Preview length | Default

Preview has no end pont mode (only loop)

Thank you !!!

• sunday777
  • [*]
Re: foo_seek.dll
Reply #30
Dear author,
After spending 20 minutes on reading this thread, I still don't understand what those commands mean...
"Enable endpoint mode"? " I see these is "set endpoint"... But where is "set start point"? "Automatic start"?
I feel you make a powerful component but I am really confused...

In my opinion, there should be only 3 controls and that should be enough:
- Set Start point at current position
- Set End point at current position
- Toggle play the loop on\off (jump to start and repeat the loop when it's on. Walk over endpoint if it's off.)

• Last Edit: 17 April, 2016, 12:22:03 PM by sunday777

• grimes
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #31
3 controls are not nessesary.
  • loop on(/off) sets the start point. (Also loop on and seek to start point works.)
  • Set end point sets the end point.

• sunday777
  • [*]
Reply #32
Thank you!  I got it!

To anyone who is also confused like me, this is a brief of how to use this great component:
1. Open "Keyboard Shortcuts" in foobar2000's Preference.
2. Assign key1 for Playback / Seek Control / Loop
3. Assign key2 for Playback / Seek Control / Loop Length / Set end point
4. Play whatever you want, seek to or wait for where you like to start a loop. Press key1.
5. Seek to or wait for where you like to end the loop. Press key2.
6. Now you just make a loop!

I guess I still don't understand those advanced features. But knowing this is good enough to me to proceed my Japanese learning.

Thanks the author again for this component!

• renega
  • [*]
Reply #33
It would be nice to have starting and en point times available in two variables for scripting purpose, for ex. exporting the loop to a file. Thanks for thinking a little to this possibility !

• Lee James
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #34
Hello Grimes, thank you for this very useful plugin. It is just the A-B repeat function I want. To me, this is a really important function which I have used for years in other media players (eg. PotPlayer). As a musician, I use it to analyze very small portions of a piece of music, so I can hear notes, chords, harmonies, etc. I always thought it was strangely absent from Foobar, but now someone kindly told me about this plugin. So thank you very much for developing it :)

However, I have 2 issues I'd like to address...

1. The keys don't work for me
Firstly, I can't actually get the plugin to work. I followed Sunday's very helpful instructions which are worth repeating...

To anyone who is also confused like me, this is a brief of how to use this great component:
4. Play whatever you want, seek to or wait for where you like to start a loop. Press key1.

However, no matter what functions I assign keys to, the keys seem to have no effect at all. If I assign the keys to anything else under "Playback" they work just fine, but if I assign them to anything under "Seek Control" they don't work. I don't suppose you would know why?

2. I would like "Toggle looping" and "Set start point" to be two different commands
You said earlier in this thread that there is no need for these two functions to have two separate controls, but I would have to respectfully disagree. All the other media players I've used with A-B Repeat have these two controls separate. Without two separate controls, it is much harder to make slight adjustments to the start and end point while it is looping - something I do a lot.

For example, imagine you are listening to a looped section of a track and you just want to make the start point slightly earlier or later. This is very easy if you can "set start point". Just hit the key at the new start point, and the start point is adjusted, with the end point being completely unaffected.

Or imagine you are listening to a looped section of a track, and you want to move the end point slightly later - in other media players this is simple: you just turn off looping, then when you get to where you want the end point to be, hit the end point key at the new desired end point. The end point is moved without affecting the start point.

Also, in my experience of using other media players, the key to set an end point usually also turns looping on. (If no start point has been set then it loops to the start of the track.)

So I would like to humbly suggest that, at least for some people, 3 controls are necessary:
1. Set start point
2. Set end point/activate looping
3. Toggle looping
  • Last Edit: 11 October, 2016, 09:42:01 AM by Grand Dizzy

• hans2017
  • [*]
Reply #35

Sorry, I would like to point out that item 5 is incorrect. You can only wait and then set the end of loop, but you can not seek. In fact, the seeking shift the start of loop.