Skip to main content

Topic: "Library Viewer Selection" playlist (Read 5691 times) previous topic - next topic

• NEMO7538
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
"Library Viewer Selection" playlist
From the foobar documentation " ... the "Library Viewer Selection" playlist can be freely renamed without losing any of its functionality. " ... which means the "Library Viewer Selection" playlist should be identifiable (maybe by its properties).

How can I find this playlist ? I did'nt find anything in playlist.h

Additional question: As far is i understand "Library Viewer Selection" playlist name is also preserved in case the playlist is deleted, so the name should also be memorized somewhere. Where?

Thanks for your support.
  • Last Edit: 02 May, 2011, 02:34:13 PM by NEMO7538

• NEMO7538
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
"Library Viewer Selection" playlist
Reply #1
After some trial and unless I missed something, part of the answer below for reference :
  • the shared selection playlist will be created and its content refreshed automatically by the core when invoked by ui_selection_holder->set_selection_ex(), passing contextmenu_item::caller_media_library_viewer as the type GUID, provided that the shared selection playlist is enabled in Preferences--> Media Library.

That still doesn't explain how to recognize/find the shared selection playlist, like facets is doing according to its documentation.