Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_remote and tbar_foo 0.9 released (Read 4682 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_remote and tbar_foo 0.9 released

I've just released the version 0.9 of foo_remote and tbar_foo.

* some fixes
* XP look improved, customizable icons (XP only)

see steels_space homepage
(sorry, no direct download possible)

Reply #1
Seems to work almost great now! There's only one problem I can find. Here we go:
- when Foo is not run, my buttons set looks like this:

- but after it's run, there's something wrong with the sliding bar

It looks like the sliding bar button is still "highlighted" after the Foobar is run.

PS. Not sure if it is tbar_foo's fault, possibly its my xp's skin.

Reply #2
It looks like the sliding bar button is still "highlited" after the Foobar is run.

Same problem here. I've tried various XP themes and always the same result as you have found.

Reply #3
The seek bar button doesn't seem to work completely.  It skips ahead just fine when I click on it and shows the change in position, but when I skip farther back it goes to that bosition in the song but doesn't show it on the progress bar.

Reply #4
There is no selection for foo_remote in the "Toolbar" menu. In past release of foo_remote this has not been a problem. I have tried reinstalling multiple times, reverting to past releases, manually registering the dll, closing/reopening explorer, rebooting, etc and I still am unable to see a foo_remote selection in the "Toolbar" menu. Is it possible that this release of foo_remote is not compatible with the latest release of foobar? (v0.7 - non beta, non RC 9/22)I am using XP SP1 with case's installer with SSE2 compiled ICL components. Is any one else having a problem enabling the remote?

It jus' 'taint there, McGee...

Reply #5
i don't see it anymore. It worked when i had a .7 RC installed. the option disappeared when i closed the toolbar on the taskbar

Reply #6
Seems to work almost great now! There's only one problem I can find. Here we go:
- when Foo is not run, my buttons set looks like this:

- but after it's run, there's something wrong with the sliding bar

It looks like the sliding bar button is still "highlighted" after the Foobar is run.

PS. Not sure if it is tbar_foo's fault, possibly its my xp's skin.

This is a stupid problem. It just displays disabled buttins in this way.
I don't know which theme I should set to the bar because there is no help or support for these XP things. I'll try to explore it ASAP.

Reply #7
There is no selection for foo_remote in the "Toolbar" menu. In past release of foo_remote this has not been a problem. I have tried reinstalling multiple times, reverting to past releases, manually registering the dll, closing/reopening explorer, rebooting, etc and I still am unable to see a foo_remote selection in the "Toolbar" menu. Is it possible that this release of foo_remote is not compatible with the latest release of foobar? (v0.7 - non beta, non RC 9/22)I am using XP SP1 with case's installer with SSE2 compiled ICL components. Is any one else having a problem enabling the remote?

It jus' 'taint there, McGee...

well,
did the manual registration succeded?

Reply #8
well,
did the manual registration succeded?

I followed the past installation instructions before the installer. First, I would run the new installer, then I would "2. register tbar_foo via command line: regsvr32 tbar_foo.dll" (tbar_foo is located in the foobar directory.)

When I did that, I got this:

Reply #9
Aha! Silly me. 

I had to point regsvr32 at tbar_foo.dll using a direct pathname. It regged successfuly and is now working!

Yay!

Reply #10
This is a stupid problem. It just displays disabled buttins in this way.

Maybe this will help You:
Open the "foo_winbar buttons" window and add the sliding button to the taskbar. Close the window, play a song (make the sliding bar moves). Then open the buttons configuration window again and remove the sliding bar from active buttons, but don't press "Close". The sliding bar button changes its state into active and looks as we'd like it to, until we press "Close" button.

Reply #11
Thanks very much Steel .. and hereunder what we can display ...

find how to change buttons ....
V_1.0 - * customize button look simply by replacing original PNGs, now in 'tbar_foo_skin' folder

What do you think about to have an extension window for Lyrix ..??
And perhaps a remote control version of your remote control ...? (not for me .. )
http://lyrix.planet-work.com/index.php3?langue=eng

hope no offense about lyrics for this song .. sincerely not my intention ..
Newbie for ever ....