Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Dynamic range expander for mp3's (Read 6028 times) previous topic - next topic

Dynamic range expander for mp3's

Is there any sort of software for batch processing a mp3s and applying a dynamic range expander effect to them to counteract some of the exessive compression that they often have?  If there's one that also processes AACs that would be great, but about 80 percent of my music is mp3s. 

Also, what is the best sounding player for mp3s and aacs?  I just use iTunes by default, but i don't know what else is out there.  I want to get the best possible quality out of what i already have.  Everything new i add from a cd i encode with a lossless codec, but i've got about 25 GBs of music already encoded as 256 or 320 kbps mp3s and AACs.

Dynamic range expander for mp3's

Reply #1
Is there any sort of software for batch processing a mp3s and applying a dynamic range expander effect to them to counteract some of the exessive compression that they often have?  If there's one that also processes AACs that would be great, but about 80 percent of my music is mp3s.

No, and generally DSP effects are not format specific.  They're built into player software and process the decoded audio that comes out of the decoder.  Its generally not possible to apply effects to compressed files. 

Also, what is the best sounding player for mp3s and aacs?

The standard defines how a player must sound, so theres no difference aside from DSP effects like EQ, dynamic range expanders, etc.