Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Streaming from Foobar to Foobar (Read 1967 times) previous topic - next topic

Streaming from Foobar to Foobar

I have foobar installed on every computer I own, but only my main computer contains my entire music library. My question is whether or not any, or all of the following is possible:

Here is the condition: Assume every computer is on and connected to the internet...

I would like to be able to access my library from any given computer that's connected to the network. Even better, I wouldn't mind being able to stream over the internet from one computer to another when, for example, my laptop is at school with me and my computer at home is on. Is there any possible way to do this as things stand? Third party components? Or is this sort of thing even viable.

I've had of Icecast, but I'm not quite sure if that's right for me.

Any advice is appreciated!

Streaming from Foobar to Foobar

Reply #2
Same Network: Share your music folders and have all your fb2k instances use the shared folders as the library.