Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: YM Decoder for FB2K 1.1 (Read 6239 times) previous topic - next topic

YM Decoder for FB2K 1.1

Reply #1
Excellent - robocop never sounded so good!  Thanks very much for the update - my latest version of foo_ym was from 2004!

YM Decoder for FB2K 1.1

Reply #2
Oh yeah, this is discontinued too...

YAY, got GNU GPL fuckers, they finally scored a win.

For once.

YM Decoder for FB2K 1.1

Reply #3
Oh yeah, this is discontinued too...

YAY, got GNU GPL fuckers, they finally scored a win.

For once.

Ahh, that's a pitty to hear. You certainly didn't plan to earn any money with it, and you made the source code available too, right?
I can't understand what those watchers of the GNU GPL gained by prohibiting the release.

Thanks for your efforts though, mudlord. *thumb-up*

YM Decoder for FB2K 1.1

Reply #4
I can't understand what those watchers of the GNU GPL gained by prohibiting the release.

Their code wasn't statically or dynamically linked to closed source, proprietary code (the fb2k core).
See Copyleft.
elevatorladylevitateme

YM Decoder for FB2K 1.1

Reply #5
And since GPL infests anything it touches, it makes the plugin illegal, regardless if source is released or not.

Makes me wonder why people not use LGPL instead >.>

YM Decoder for FB2K 1.1

Reply #6
FOSStards at their finest, of course. They want the GPL to infect everything. Some day, it will infect even hardware. I just know it.

YM Decoder for FB2K 1.1

Reply #7
Yes, and not using LGPL is a crime, especially for code thats destined for libraries.

might make a 0.2 one day and call it a day, since the component doesnt need anything else. and those FOSStards can go fuck themselves...in the ear!

YM Decoder for FB2K 1.1

Reply #9
And on that note:
(because I don't have repo access or my Developer status, ill post here)

http://mudlord.emuxhaven.net/crap/foo_input_ym.zip
http://mudlord.emuxhaven.net/crap/foo_input_ym_source.zip

version 0.2:
* added configuration for looping and lowpass filtering in advanced options.
* fixed all missing metadata reporting.

YM Decoder for FB2K 1.1

Reply #10
version 0.3
* updated file extension registration to use input_file_type