Skip to main content

Topic: Media Library Search Replacement (Read 1973 times) previous topic - next topic

• daq
  • [*]
Media Library Search Replacement
HI.

Just wondering if there is an add-on/component available allows me to do away with remembering syntaxes.

Ideally something that might a drop down menu with all the different possible fields right there, so i could just select %whatever% IS %whatever% instead of having to type these out each time.

Does anything like this or similar exist?

• tpijag
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1
no

• StuPC
  • [*]
Reply #2

Reply #3
I don't like the idea because of a simple reason: a huge list with cryptic search queries is not human readable enough. However, foo_quicksearch will allow you to store favourites in its context menu and also offers a history menu which size is definable in the preferences. This component shows the search results in a playlist.
german support forum: www.foobar-users.de / user: qwert73

• ExUser
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Read-only
Reply #4
Ideally something that might a drop down menu with all the different possible fields right there, so i could just select %whatever% IS %whatever% instead of having to type these out each time.

Does anything like this or similar exist?
How about an Autoplaylist? It'll let you save a search to a playlist, that automatically updates every time the library changes. You can also name the Autoplaylist whatever you like.

Reply #5
how about foo_dbsearch? link's here: Documentation

you can add your favorite tags to the list of queries, I use
Code: [Select]
[$meta(artist)]|[$meta(album)]|[$meta(title)]|[%genre%][:%mood%]|[$meta(date)]|[$meta(rating)]|[$meta(composer)]|[%album artist%][%filename%]$if(%rating%,nxx)$if(%setlist%,sxx)
but you can use your %whatever% IS %whatever% changing the syntax to the old titleformat thingy