Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is there a way to rip the pre-gap when doing tracks (Read 4039 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there a way to rip the pre-gap when doing tracks

Title says it all. You know many CDs have a 32 or 33 frame gap before the first track, like this:

INDEX 00 00:00:00
  INDEX 01 00:00:33

or

PREGAP 00:00:33
  INDEX 01 00:00:00

I don't want to rip the whole CD image, but want to rip to tracks, however I want to preserve the gap.
This would be for AccurateRip future check purposes, without having to re-make the CD image, or having a cuesheet at hand.

Reply #1
Select first track and choose Copy Selected Tracks Index-Based from the Action menu.  Delete the 01.01 file.

Ripping Track 01 Index 00 won't get you very far with AccurateRip, except knowing its size which can be determined from the cue sheet or log file.

Reply #2
This would be for AccurateRip future check purposes, without having to re-make the CD image, or having a cuesheet at hand.

I rip track-based with CUE-tools. It creates the HTOA for you as a seperate file, if present. It will however append the INDEX 00 to the previous track, but if you want to be able to check AccurateRip status, you need to keep it that way. Still, if you keep the cue-file it creates, you can always change that as you like.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #3
Ripping Track 01 Index 00 won't get you very far with AccurateRip, except knowing its size which can be determined from the cue sheet or log file.

You are right. Won't get you far. But in the case that you have that fragment, you can reconstruct the image as WAV and use a backed-up image-based cuesheet and verify against AR with that, or you can reconstruct the CD "almost" as it was, doing the procedures discussed in other thread. This way helps to keep the rips as tracks. Thanks for this tip!

Reply #4
You're welcome.

If you tell EAC to create a noncompliant cue sheet then having HTOA buys you nothing insofar as checking against AccurateRip.  I'm not saying you shouldn't extract HTOA (assuming you have a drive that is capable!) just that I find your desire to be able to check against AR in the future combined with not wanting to create a cue sheet very strange, bordering the ludicrous.

Save yourself the effort of having to reconstruct the information necessary for an AR checker to do its job at a later date and have EAC create a cue sheet.  Considering that you're planning on going through the trouble of extracting HTOA, the amount of additional time and resources needed to generate a tiny text file is negligible.