Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sorting / Grouping columns ui (Read 3113 times) previous topic - next topic

Sorting / Grouping columns ui

Hey guys, I'm trying to get foobar up and going. I got my playlist to sort by artist with all their songs grouped together but I want the songs listed under the artists sorted by album, right now it sorts them by title. I found I could select the artist and sort manually but I want this to be done automatically, I'm sure this can be done in the grouping tab using title codes but I can't figure out what codes to use! Help is appreciated. thanks.

Reply #1
Grouping and sorting are separate issues.

If you want sorting options, select the playlist and then go to Edit->Sort in the main menu.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
That's not what I'm looking for, I want the groups, which is by artist, to have the songs listed in album order instead of A-Z. When I sort the playlist it sorts the groups. Also wondering how to make foobar ignore "The" in artists names.

Reply #3
dbl post sorry

Reply #4
Highlight the entire playlist (Ctrl+A) then right click-> sort-> sort by . . . and paste the following in the box:

$stripprefix(%ARTIST%,The) - %DATE% - %ALBUM% - %TRACK%

To sort your ALBUMS in order from oldest to newest or:

$stripprefix(%ARTIST%,The) - %ALBUM% -  %TRACK%

to sort albums alphabetically.

Hit enter and you're good to go.

Reply #5
Highlight the entire playlist (Ctrl+A) then right click-> sort-> sort by . . . and paste the following in the box:

$stripprefix(%ARTIST%,The) - %DATE% - %ALBUM% - %TRACK%

To sort your ALBUMS in order from oldest to newest or:

$stripprefix(%ARTIST%,The) - %ALBUM% -  %TRACK%

to sort albums alphabetically.

Hit enter and you're good to go.

Thank you, exactly what I wanted.