Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tagger 1.8 (Read 4866 times) previous topic - next topic

Tagger 1.8

New features/changes:
-Completely rebuilt Freedb-search (thanks to ErikS and Case for their Help).
Attention: You need Tag.exe version 2.0.39 or higher to make the option 'Calculate from files' work
-It's possible to rename files from filelist (over rightclick-menu).
-Now you can sort the filelist (also over rightclick-menu).

Bugfixes:
-Now with Tag 2.0.39 no OEM->ANSI converting needed (could be solution to special-character bug).
-Fixed advanced-customtag editing.
-Changed font is now loaded after program-restart.
-Freedb-tagging didn't work.
-Files with extesion mp+ are now accepted.
-A german message was shown when selecting chinese-charset .

Tagger Beta 1.8 Installer
Tagger Beta 1.8 Zip (without Tag)
Tag's Website
Tagger's Website

Tagger 1.8

Reply #1
 love

Tagger 1.8

Reply #2
Oh My God I want to marry tagger now and have my children with it!  ....... J/K
but seriously, this kicks some major behind.
Absolutely *LOVE* the Freedb feature, tho, as a small suggestion, it would be nice to be able to resize the freedb window where you arrange your songs in the proper order, it gets rather difficult to tell the files apart sometimes if they have long filenames.

Bada*s work!

"I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet." - Rodney Dangerfield

Tagger 1.8

Reply #3
A quick public shout-out to Böreck for making a great program with Tagger. The freeDB feature is a huge bonus, and has made me (no, forced me to!) switch from Speek's frontend. Great job Böreck!

Tagger 1.8

Reply #4
could u pleeeease add the ability to add both id3v1 and apev2 tags into a mp3, instead of one or the other.  Ya know... like how Foobar does with Tag, using the "Apev2 and id3v1" option.

Tagger 1.8

Reply #5
On the Tag tab, hit the other options near the bottom and insert "--force ape2 --force id3" into the blank field there.

Tagger 1.8

Reply #6
-Now you can sort the filelist (also over rightclick-menu).

That's great, thanks - I was hoping for a feature like this to appear sometime.

Great work as usual, keep it up!

Tagger 1.8

Reply #7
On the Tag tab, hit the other options near the bottom and insert "--force ape2 --force id3" into the blank field there.

ah cool. thanks!

but since he already has a "force format" option with a drop down list of chioces, I think it should be an option in that.

Tagger 1.8

Reply #8
You don't have to add --force apev2 when have Force APE v2.0 on Tags tab checked ...

:-)

Tagger 1.8

Reply #9
Bugs that I found:

1. In the 'One playlist from all files' option, the playlist never gets saved in the directory specified. It always gets saved in MyDocuments folder.

2. Sorting playlist doesnt work. i had to add option manually.
There are only 10 types of people on this earth - those who know binary and those who don't.

Dell Inspiron 5100
P4 2.4 533 FSB,
512 MB / 40 GB,
Windows XP Home

Tagger 1.8

Reply #10
1. In the 'One playlist from all files' option, the playlist never gets saved in the directory specified. It always gets saved in MyDocuments folder.

2. Sorting playlist doesnt work. i had to add option manually.

Both fixed in next version.

..., it would be nice to be able to resize the freedb window where you arrange your songs in the proper order, it gets rather difficult to tell the files apart sometimes if they have long filenames.

If you click on a song and don't move the mouse, you get a Hint with the full filename. But perhaps I'll make the Window resizable.

What do you think of language-file-support. Needed or crap?

Tagger 1.8

Reply #11
Hey at http://www.tagger.de.vu/ I could find 1.8 beta version only (03.04.2002 (misprinted  )). This is the same version I had downloaded. In which version are the bugs fixed?
There are only 10 types of people on this earth - those who know binary and those who don't.

Dell Inspiron 5100
P4 2.4 533 FSB,
512 MB / 40 GB,
Windows XP Home

Tagger 1.8

Reply #12
In the next version I'll release  . I's not ready yet (perhaps next tuesday).

Tagger 1.8

Reply #13
Hi Böreck,

when starting, Tagger tries to access the floppy drive - this is unnecessary and delays loading by quite some time, about 10 seconds on my Pentium II 366.

<edit>Also, I cannot find any "About Tagger" to find its version no., etc.</edit>

Thanks for your great frontend to a great program.

- CD

Tagger 1.8

Reply #14
Yup. I too like the front end.  What prompted me to first use it is the fact that it allows the file types to be selected for playlist generation. very handy!

Nice program, Böreck

Edit: The window looks too long - just about fits on to my 1028 X 768 screen. If could shrink the hieght it would be gr8!

Dell Inspiron 5100
P4 2.4 533 FSB,
512 MB / 40 GB,
Windows XP Home

Tagger 1.8

Reply #15
How can I select a freedb server? It takes a few seconds to get the freedb informations, so i want to switch to a faster server.

Tagger 1.8

Reply #16
It's hardcoded at the moment along with user identification. I'm confident it will be changed soon enough though. Have patience

Tagger 1.8

Reply #17
Great soft !
I'd like to have the freedb search results saved when I re-open the freedb-window. I'm looking for the Madonna - American Like album, but there are wrong entries, and I have to try several records before I find the good one.
Or maybe it could be possible to have a preview of the songs in the feedb search window ?

Altus