Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't see bottom of playlist (Read 2204 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't see bottom of playlist

Hello everybody,

I'm experiencing a curious problem with foobar2000 (current version) and Columns UI settings. I tried the following skin for foobar: http://customize.org/foobar/skins/78734 and I'm really quite happy with it. However, the ng playlist has no bottom apparently, meaning that I can't see the last tracks of the playlist if it is longer than the actual window size. To illustrate my problem I took the following screenshot (sorry, I didn't manage to show the screenshot directly in this message):

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/fvbxJ...HVO0xe1g07Z_aF0

As you can see the bottom of the scrollbar is not where it should be (where the red arrow is pointed at), but somehow out of the visible area and even when I maximize the window I still can't see the bottom end of the playlist. I have tried all that I could but I still haven't succeeded in fixing this issue. So I'm hoping for your help now, maybe someone has already experiences this problem or might have a useful idea how to fix this. In any case I'm more than thankful for any help you can bring.

Have a nice evening!

Reply #1
It looks like that part of the interface was locked at a larger size than your window.

Not sure if this will work, but it's worth a try:

View > Layout > Live editing

Now right-click on that playlist view and see if it is "locked".
If it is, unlock it. You may have to close foobar2000 and then reopen it to see the corrected scrollbar.

It looks like you may have the same issue with the filter on the bottom right, because it looks like some items
that should be displayed are off-screen, and there is no scrollbar.

Reply #2
Thank you very much for your answer! I tried your idea but the playlist was already unlocked. However, when I marked the playlist it became blue in live editing mode and the blue extended way below the actual foobar2000 window. Does this mean that the playlist is set at the wrong size? You're right about the filter on the right, too. I can't scroll down to the end of it either.

(Sorry about the thread title. You're right, I should have given more detailed information.)

Reply #3
It may be that another part of that layout is locked at that size,
maybe one of the splitters in between panels?

You can check everything here to see if anything has been locked:

File > Preferences > Display > Columns UI

Now look at the "Layout" tab. Here you will see a tree list of the layout.

Click on each part of it and see if "locked" is checked on the right for any of those parts.
If "locked" is checked for any of them, uncheck it. Then press the "apply" button on
that same page.

Not sure what else to try. Maybe simply dragging the bottom of the window to a larger size?

Hope that helps.

Reply #4
That's it! You've found the solution! The problem was that a horizontal splitter was locked. I just had to unlock it to make the bottom of the playlist appear.

I never would have come up with this solution, so thank you very much mate, I owe you one!

Reply #5
You're welcome. Glad to help!