Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: reconfiguring audio outputs - HD Audio (Read 2435 times) previous topic - next topic

reconfiguring audio outputs - HD Audio

My old motherbaord had options to retask jacks in the realtek HD audio tray app, so I could have 2 line outs etc.

My current board does not. So I have to use a 3.5mm splitter on the green jack and my level changes depending on if one of the devices is off or on, as its inputs seem to go low impedance when off.

Ideally I would like to use one of the useless jacks for a second line out, but have it non fading, but I realize that is prettymuch wishful thinking, but getting back to being able to use something like the orange or black sockets for another line output would be great.

I have used the same drivers from realtek on both machines, and it seems to be board specific that I cannot retask them. Is there some additional hardware that is needed on the board to get retasking?

Otherwise a driver hack to clone the fronts to the rear in a 5.1 config would work, or some other way.

Using the front output isnt really an option since they are really really noisy.

reconfiguring audio outputs - HD Audio

Reply #1
As far as I can tell, there's little you can do with your current ins and outs to create another line in.

However, you could spend 20 dollars on a PCI or USB soundblaster card and get another line in.