Skip to main content

Topic: foo_keep_queue (Read 36065 times) previous topic - next topic

• Yirkha
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
foo_keep_queue
Reply #25
Carpman's crash happens in the destructor of "[font= "Courier New"]static pfc::list_t<t_playback_queue_item> queue_backup[/font]", because the [font= "Courier New"]t_playback_queue_item.m_handle[/font] is invalid, but not [font= "Courier New"]NULL[/font] - probably points to an already released memory.

That certainly should not happen, [font= "Courier New"]metadb_handle[/font]s are reference counted for a reason. I can only guess, maybe some other component releases a handle too many times? Might be also that one of the callbacks forwarded to [font= "Courier New"]backup_queue()[/font] gets called after cleaning the [font= "Courier New"]queue_backup[/font] in [font= "Courier New"]on_quit()[/font], therefore filling it again, possibly leaving a stray pointer around again. I don't know and it's hard to guess.

So anyway, it might be a good idea to not hold any references to metadb_handles, services or other shared objects till DLL unload, so I'd suggest having maybe a global flag like "[font= "Courier New"]bool g_shutting_down[/font]", which would ensure nothing would be done after [font= "Courier New"]on_quit()[/font] and see if that helped. And perhaps explicitely destroying the [font= "Courier New"]queue_pos[/font] array too, in case there is anything left there.

Additionally, better don't include the 3 MB Debug\foo_keep_queue.ilk and testing fb2k install in your source code package, it's unnecessarily large then. If anything, including a .pdb file for the release would be more useful.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

• Qtax
  • [*]
  • Developer
foo_keep_queue
Reply #26
Thanks for the info Yirkha. I'll implement your suggestion. :) (Coding tips and thoughts always appreciated.)

That "source" package was mostly for my self I guess. And I did some clean on the project before packing, but seem it leaves some stuff behind. The next one will be lighter. ^^

• Qtax
  • [*]
  • Developer
foo_keep_queue
Reply #27
foo_keep_queue v0.3.3

Update includes:
  • Possible component compatibility/bug fix.

Download: foo_keep_queue 0.3.3
Source: src

(If some moderator could update the first post with these links it would be nice.)

• carpman
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
foo_keep_queue
Reply #28
Thanks for the update Qtax. Works for me! No crashes. 

Cheers,

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Lame MP3

• lsn
  • [*]
foo_keep_queue
Reply #29
Hey, love this component, have been missing it ever since i switched over from winamp. Just wanted to note that the queue gets cleared when playing a 'next random' track (Playback > Random). Keep up the good work!

• Falstaff
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
foo_keep_queue
Reply #30
Thanx for this, it's useful

(no crash for now, foobar 1.1.1 under Seven x64)

• Qtax
  • [*]
  • Developer
foo_keep_queue
Reply #31
Hey, love this component, have been missing it ever since i switched over from winamp. Just wanted to note that the queue gets cleared when playing a 'next random' track (Playback > Random). Keep up the good work!

Thanks, and same reason I made this, been missing it ever since switching from winamp.

Didn't know about this random clearing feature, will have a look at it.

• Qtax
  • [*]
  • Developer
foo_keep_queue
Reply #32
New version released, 0.3.5. A fix for clearing on random song, reported by lsn.

Now also available in the components repository:
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_keep_queue

• lsn
  • [*]
foo_keep_queue
Reply #33
New version released, 0.3.5. A fix for clearing on random song, reported by lsn.

Now also available in the components repository:
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_keep_queue

Props for the good work! You've got my support

foo_keep_queue
Reply #34
hey
i just downloaded this and i get this message:

Failed to load DLL: foo_keep_queue.dll
Reason: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

tell me how can i help you to help me

• Qtax
  • [*]
  • Developer
foo_keep_queue
Reply #35
Reason: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Try removing "foo_keep_queue.dll.cfg", it should in foorbars configuration folder. Other than that I have no idea what might cause this.

• MC Escher
  • [*][*][*]
foo_keep_queue
Reply #36
Thank you for this component. This is something I've wanted for a long time.

foo_keep_queue
Reply #37
Try removing "foo_keep_queue.dll.cfg", it should in foorbars configuration folder. Other than that I have no idea what might cause this.

there's no "foo_keep_queue.dll.cfg" in the config folder 
i can try disabling other plugins i have in my components folder, to see if any of them is causing problems. to eliminate them one by one..
i'll let you know if that helped asap.
i can also try using older versions of your plugin.

• Robertina
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Banned
foo_keep_queue
Reply #38
i just downloaded this and i get this message:

@ pyrotechnician,

probably you have to install a particular version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package. Read here how the Windows event viewer can tell you more. If you are missing another assembly than that mentioned in the post I linked to an Internet search will tell you what runtimes you need.

@ Qtax,

fbuser explained here how to avoid this problem.

EDIT: I am a slave to my poor English.
  • Last Edit: 12 November, 2010, 06:02:07 PM by Robertina
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

foo_keep_queue
Reply #39
Wouldn't the message then be:
"This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000"
german support forum: www.foobar-users.de / user: qwert73

• fbuser
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
foo_keep_queue
Reply #40
Wouldn't the message then be:
"This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000"
Yes for "normal" DLLs, but here a Side-by-side assembly DLL is missing.

foo_keep_queue
Reply #41
... here a Side-by-side assembly DLL is missing.
Never heard about such a thing! 
german support forum: www.foobar-users.de / user: qwert73

• kode54
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
foo_keep_queue
Reply #42
You also won't see that error for MSVC 2010 binaries compiled with dynamic runtime, since they're no longer stored in the Side by Side assemblies folder. (%systemroot%\WinSxS)

• cenp
  • [*]
foo_keep_queue
Reply #43
excellent plugin i love it.

i have a question... is there a way to see what's on the queue list ?

thanks

• carpman
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
foo_keep_queue
Reply #44

• serideth
  • [*]
foo_keep_queue
Reply #45
Great plugin. No crashes as yet. One problem i'm having is that there is no menu under Playback.

Using latest f2k and v0.3.5.

I got the following headings:

Replay Gain

Total Play Time

Other

No mention of the queue.

• carpman
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
foo_keep_queue
Reply #46
No, you're looking at the File > Preferences menu. You want the main menu at the top:
File Edit View Playback Library Help
Just click (keep queue / keep queue on exit) to toggle on or off.

C.

• serideth
  • [*]
foo_keep_queue
Reply #47
Ahhh.

Cheers for that.

• demeuts
  • [*]
foo_keep_queue
Reply #48
hey , it is possible to make something like this?

thank you.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• natrixx
  • [*]
foo_keep_queue
Reply #49
Shine from the inside to light up the dark night.