Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC can't edit a wav it created..? (Read 3007 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC can't edit a wav it created..?

This is a bit of a puzzler to me.  I have been ripping a bunch of CDs with EAC.  I had a few tracks where the original CD was glitched so I wanted to use EAC's process wav function to fix the problems.  So I opened each one up with no issues, made my changes, and saved.  Then I wanted to go back into one of the files to do a little more work on it and suddenly the program can't open it - it says EAC will only edit standard, uncompressed, 44100 wav files.  Fair enough, but why would it rip such a file from the CD, then when I edit it, it apparently saved it as something else?  I checked all four of the files that I was messing with and all four of them have the same problem - EAC will no longer edit them.

EAC can't edit a wav it created..?

Reply #2
Ah, thanks!  Obviously this has been run into by many others.  At least the fix is a quick one.