Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: VQF the planet ! (Read 15339 times) previous topic - next topic

VQF the planet !

Reply #25
If that's what you truely believe then read the Hydrogen Audio Terms of Service and pay attention to rule nr.  8.
Supply proof of your claims or stop posting these useless and trollish claims.

My only proof is that I've been using VQF for 5 years, compared its results with those of other formats, and was the more efficient and reliable I've ever seen. This conclusion is not based on data, when data tell something and experience and application show something else, it's experience that has the advantage.

VQF the planet !

Reply #26
I've tested formats such as MP3, MP3pro, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, MPC, FLAC, Real Media ... and none of them could potentially replace VQF

This is false. In this sentence you are just trying to mislead others to think like you!

You're right at some point: WMA is not bad, but it has come too late.
Flac is not intended for the same use as VQF.
But the other formats have too much problems.

VQF the planet !

Reply #27
If that's what you truely believe then read the Hydrogen Audio Terms of Service and pay attention to rule nr.  8.
Supply proof of your claims or stop posting these useless and trollish claims.

My only proof is that I've been using VQF for 5 years, compared its results with those of other formats, and was the more efficient and reliable I've ever seen. This conclusion is not based on data, when data tell something and experience and application show something else, it's experience that has the advantage.

The rules of this board require ABX testing. If you can't supply that this is not a place for you.
"Experience" and "feelings" doesn't matter. We want statistic testing that can proof something. This is not a debate club.

Edit: Thread closed. Come back with evidence or stop trolling and violating forum rules.

VQF the planet !

Reply #28
(this topic is based on the ending of this one: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....=ST&f=1&t=8472)

"Experience" and "feelings" doesn't matter. We want statistic testing that can proof something. This is not a debate club.

Isn't statistics in some kind of way the sum of the results of experiences ?
Then my statistics are that in about 96 cases on 100, it's better to use VQF than any other formats.

About ABX testing, it's a proven fact that when a mathematic/scientific model doesn't fit reality, it's the model that has to be redefined or replaced, and not reality.

VQF the planet !

Reply #29
You've been told in the last thread the proper way to go about proving your claims. I suggest you follow their advice. Simply pulling numbers from mid-air will not sway anyone on this board.

And you are aware that this board doesn't support WMA or VQF in any way, shape, or form, right?

VQF the planet !

Reply #30
And you are aware that this board doesn't support WMA or VQF in any way, shape, or form, right?

Hmm, you're free to discuss whatever format floats your boat, but RESPECT FORUM RULES.

VQF the planet !

Reply #31
You've been told in the last thread the proper way to go about proving your claims. I suggest you follow their advice. Simply pulling numbers from mid-air will not sway anyone on this board.

Then this board is some kind of closed-minded community, unable to question and to evolve, enclosed on itself. Maybe it'll have a few good times, but in the end end it's destined to die alone, aspyxiated by the reality of the universe they didn't want to see, thinking that numbers can explain and prove everything.

So I leave you at your sad destiny of suffering.

VQF the planet !

Reply #32
With only the company of individuals such as yourself, I'd rather be asphyxiated.

VQF the planet !

Reply #33
we'll wait for the admins to deal with you and all your posts will be removed till they do so.

VQF the planet !

Reply #34
we'll wait for the admins to deal with you and all your posts will be removed till they do so.

Ok, let's wait and see what kind of governement we have here.

VQF the planet !

Reply #35
Well, as you're lockingmy posts every time, I can't edit what I said.
I wanted to add that I didn't mean to put some kind of disorder here.

VQF the planet !

Reply #36
YOU DEATH IST KNoW ME NoW

VQF the planet !

Reply #37
Why all my posts have been deleted ?

VQF the planet !

Reply #38
They were moved to off-topic forum.
Now stop posting till the admins appear.

VQF the planet !

Reply #39
Ok ... but I don't really think talking about an audio format is "off-topic".

VQF the planet !

Reply #40
Advising people to use a format that has many inferiorities, along with a website with erroneous/unclear information is a potential timebomb on website dedicated to the best possible audio experiences.  If you had made posts about the possible merits of vqf at specific bitrates, and not blanketly made statements like "It's the best format, ever," you might have gotten a better response.  Check your facts, edit mistakes in the webpage, do some solid ABX testing, and maybe you'll be taken seriously.
-=Gonzotek=-
Please Keep Our Forum Clean!

VQF the planet !

Reply #41
You have violated HA TOS point 2, 6, 7 and 8. Everything you post now will be moved to Off-Topic, until we have decided about your possible banishment.

VQF the planet !

Reply #42
Well, VQF is the best format at 96kbps, that's sure.

I did not violate any of these points.

VQF the planet !

Reply #43
Where can I get an ABX test ?
I tried one and it said it couldn't open a wav file (which came from an MP3 file)

VQF the planet !

Reply #44
I found one but it was buggy.

VQF the planet !

Reply #45
Well, VQF is the best format at 96kbps, that's sure.

Where is the proof?

VQF the planet !

Reply #46
Thomas, on your screen there is bar which has a link 'FAQ'. Read it.

VQF the planet !

Reply #47
Well, you gotta love 'em ol' VQF zealots, dontcha? 
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ - "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg..."
INDIGO ROCKS - "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel."

VQF the planet !

Reply #48
First quick test to see how it works:

VQF/WAV - 4/7 - probability you were guessing 50%
OGG/WAV - 6/7 - probability you were guessing 6,2%

Both at 96kbps.

VQF the planet !

Reply #49
First quick test to see how it works:

VQF/WAV - 4/7 - probability you were guessing 50%
OGG/WAV - 6/7 - probability you were guessing 6,2%

Both at 96kbps.

Loudness is the first problem in OGG!!
scalling both to the same loudness before ABXing, I think this might help to make OGG 50% 
Give mp3pro 64/80/96 kbps a try!, if you could not differentiate from original, End of story

Check your speakers, hardware etc....

Edit: please include in your test, I think all of them will sound better than VQF
        WMA9 Pro -q 50/75
        Musepack --thumb
        Liquid Audio 78 kbps (free)