Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 update broke foo_AdvancedControls plugin (Read 1321 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 update broke foo_AdvancedControls plugin

I have recently upgraded foobar2000 from version 1.3.9 to 1.3.14. Unfortunately the upgrade broke
foo_AdvancedControls plugin (Foobar2000 Advanced Controls). This component makes it possible to control all the playback functions using 2 icons in the Windows Taskbar/notification area.

First thing I have noticed was that the skin reverted to [Built-In] one, which is highly unreadable on the default brown background of MS Windows 10 taskbar. I had to change it back to SilverXP.

Second, and more important is that the Pause "button" no longer works, When foobar2000 is playing, clicking on the area of the Pause button works as if the Next button was clicked, that is it advances to the next track. What is very strange is that the rest of buttons works correctly: Prev goes to the previous track, Stop stops playing (and changes into Load button, which itself also work correctly), and the Next advances to the next track. Moreover, if foobar2000 is paused, then Play button (which replaces Pause button) also works correctly.

This is most vexing, as the major thing I have used foo_AdvancedControls for (beside being notified about new track, and being able to easily check the song on hover) was temporarily pausing and then un-pausing foobar2000, for example to check some video in web browser. Now it doesn't work.

Foobar2000 Advanced Controls default screenshot under spoiler
Spoiler (click to show/hide)