Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC track number format (Read 5056 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC track number format

(BTW I found another thread on this topic, but there was no answer given)

I recently upgraded to the latest EAC (from an ancient version) and noticed the track number format changed from xx to xx/yy.  I realise some people may regard this as a good thing, but my collection up to now has been ripped with format xx and I don't really want to change it.

Is there anyway for EAC (perhaps in conjuction with REACT) to write the track format as xx?  I realise this can be done after the fact with an external tagger, or perhaps a different ripper such as foobar, but I want to stick with EAC (and REACT).

Cheers

EAC track number format

Reply #1
EAC > Compression Options > ID3 Tag > "Use track format xx/xx in ID3V2 tags"

^ Hopefully the checkbox you are after.
I'm on a horse.

EAC track number format

Reply #2
Thanks for the reply.

I should have written that I am using FLAC and none of the ID3 Tag options are checked - so it doesn't seem to be a solution.

EAC track number format

Reply #3
If that's the case then show us your command line options on the External Compression tab in EAC's Compression options (F11).

I can tell you for a fact that EAC does not create xx/yy track number metadata for flac files.  Provided you haven't configured EAC to add an ID3 tag to your flac files, then either you've changed the encoding options from those that EAC creates when configured via wizard to rip to flac, or some other program is altering them.

EAC track number format

Reply #4
It's probably REACT.. did you started to use it only recently? You need to edit REACT-track.cfg (ripping in F4 track mode), or REACT-image.cfg (F10 image mode). Just search for @track@/@numtracks@ strings.

EAC track number format

Reply #5
Thanks for the reply.

I should have written that I am using FLAC and none of the ID3 Tag options are checked - so it doesn't seem to be a solution.
It may have been useful.  It may also now be useful to clarify whether you are using FLAC as an external encoder, or are actually using REACT.  If you are using REACT then I'm surprised that your results have changed by just updating EAC; however as it takes over all tagging then it must be the culprit.
I'm on a horse.

EAC track number format

Reply #6
You're all correct... and legends!

Yes, I did just start using REACT (because MAREO doesn't seem to work with the newer version of EAC).  I did look into REACT being the issue, but never found about the string.  Based on the old unanswered thread, I took the starting position that it was EAC setting the track format.  But, I have been happily advised otherwise.

FYI here is the old thread.

Thanks, it's working as desired now.