Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: dBpoweramp CD Ripper & Cue Sheet Image Support (Read 8869 times) previous topic - next topic

dBpoweramp CD Ripper & Cue Sheet Image Support

A quick heads up that the latest R14 (beta) now has the ability to detect gaps and indexes (as needed for Cue Sheet Image support), the two topics of interest:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=20303
http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=18981

Both of these are Beta and will go to final release in the fullness of time.

Reply #1
Good stuff. Spoon!

I'd be more than happy to pay you even again to get me the heck off of EAC. Seriously.

Your ripper is not annoying to set up and maintain. Thanks for your continued efforts.
The Loudness War is over. Now it's a hopeless occupation.

Reply #2
I've tried creating a few CUEs & wav images, and the results in the CUE are pretty weird.
Does this need some special config? I'd like to check before sending bug reports...

Reply #3
I have discovered that some Plextor drives act funny with our detection routines (the plextors seem to have the q channel CRC incorrect **) I have a fix with the next beta update.

** the crc is correct, just the time reported within the q channel block is wrong, which is used to calc the CRC16, I would love to ask Plextor about it, but alas I think they no longer care for this area of the market.

Reply #4
Doesn't work with asian characters. This is how a cue sheet looks where correct japanese tags were retrieved from freedb:

Code: [Select]
REM COMMENT "dBpoweramp"
PERFORMER "?????"
TITLE "?????"
FILE "????? - ?????.flac" FLAC
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "????"
    PERFORMER "?????"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "?????/????"
    PERFORMER "?????"
    INDEX 01 05:51:60
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "?????/??????"
    PERFORMER "?????"
    INDEX 01 12:56:07
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "?????/??"
    PERFORMER "?????"
    INDEX 01 18:09:27
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "????"
    PERFORMER "?????"
    INDEX 01 24:09:20
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "????????"
    PERFORMER "?????"
    INDEX 01 29:33:20
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    TITLE "???"
    PERFORMER "?????"
    INDEX 01 35:20:72
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    TITLE "????"
    PERFORMER "?????"
    INDEX 01 40:07:20
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    TITLE "?????"
    PERFORMER "?????"
    INDEX 01 46:19:22
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
    TITLE "?????????????????"
    PERFORMER "?????"
    INDEX 01 52:58:50
  TRACK 11 AUDIO
    TITLE "?????"
    PERFORMER "?????"
    INDEX 01 57:50:15
  TRACK 12 AUDIO
    TITLE "???"
    PERFORMER "?????"
    INDEX 01 62:52:15

My system is english, but Cue Tools can do it, for example.

Reply #5
Does the spec for CD-TEXT support Asian characters?  If not then I don't see how this is a legitimate problem unless Spoon wants to go down the road of supporting the use of CUE sheets beyond their original intention of providing additional information about what is stored in a disc's TOC and/or subcode.

EDIT: Noting spoon's response below, good to know.  That's one less issue on which to rant.

Reply #6
CD Text does support unicode, but I have never seen a CD with such...

Reply #7
Not sure if we understand each other, but nobody said that the tags were retrieved from CD-TEXT, I expressively said "freedb". So the discussion has to be how to write correct tags in cue-sheets in a unicode format (and then maybe they can be written BACK as CD-TEXT later).

I know there are localized versions of freedb, but they just shift the problem elsewhere, since the codepages used are not even UTF-8 but for example SHIFT-JIS.