Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Radiohead Live in Prague (2009) (Read 4664 times) previous topic - next topic

Radiohead Live in Prague (2009)

On 23rd August 2009 a group of Radiohead fans descended on
the Výstavištĕ Holešovice Exhibition Hall in Prague on a mission –
to capture the band playing using as many different angles as possible.
Audio masters kindly provided by the band
STRICTLY NOT FOR SALE – BY THE FANS FOR THE FANS
PLEASE SHARE AND ENJOY

Website

One thing I don't understand, if sharing is desirable, why release it (the DVD download) in private trackers/forums? (just use temporary email services to register, no need to spread your true email)

Reply #1
Thanks for the heads up on this.

I couldn't register at the private Zomb tracker as the registration limit had been reached.  I really can't be arsed messing about with megaupload so I went with the public pirate bay tracker listed there. Unfortunately though you're currently limited to the HD quicktime version.
daefeatures.co.uk

Reply #2
If you're after the PAL version, I managed to register at PLG and download the torrent file.  I also had trouble registering with Zomb.  I don't have it here, and I registered with a disposable email address which I've forgotten, but I may still have the torrent file at home.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #3
There's TPB torrent links for the DVD (PAL & NTSC) now!

I just watched the show today and it was good. Yes, there are some shaky cam shots, but not too much and not annoying. I was surprised how much there was close shots and good angles [EDIT:] and good quality video.. and the cutting was good too IMO. I usually don't enjoy watching concerts but this was an exception.. maybe due to the fact that I love Radiohead.  The new song didn't sound so good though, I was a bit disappointed.. maybe they'll hone it for the next album.

Does anyone know if there are more "fan to fan" projects like this where the band participates too?

Reply #4
I seem to remember hearing about a couple, but the NIN project, Another Version of the Truth, sticks in my mind.  Trent Reznor just gets it, including lossless downloads, free albums, and encouraging fan participation.

I'm also reminded - though not completely relevant - of Radiohead, Hard-Fi, and David Byrne releasing stems for remixes.  It's all good.
I'm on a horse.