Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Keyboard Navigation (Read 2372 times) previous topic - next topic

Keyboard Navigation

Okay, so I love Foobar2000. It's great. There is one thing I think Foobar would benefit with, though...... It has a search box, I'm aware of this, but I'm thinking, if the user selects a playlist (and a large playlist, say.. All the users Rock songs, comprising of 8000 songs), and it's sorted by artists, if a button is pressed... Ie, 'N' ... the highlight will drop automatically to where to beginning of all artists starting with 'N' in that particular playlist is.. Still allowing the entire playlist viewable, but makes it simpler to navigate to a particular song/s within that playlist, without having to scroll through 4000 songs to get there first... Just an idea

Keyboard Navigation

Reply #1
This is already possible in just about any Library viewer.
This really can't be done in a playlist, since things aren't guaranteed to be sorted, and the fields you want to search by aren't obvious.
elevatorladylevitateme

Keyboard Navigation

Reply #2
This is already possible in just about any Library viewer.
This really can't be done in a playlist, since things aren't guaranteed to be sorted, and the fields you want to search by aren't obvious.

Pop up playlist search whenever something's typed when a playlist has focus.

I though about this, and while sorting doesn't matter at all for Find As You Type to be effective (Firefox, Win Explorer), the problem sits with where to search. You could make it search the playlist exactly as displayed, optionally adding a preference to specify preferred searchable fields, but really, what you end up with is basically a dressed-down version of Playlist Search; a feature that already exists, is equally effective and is far more versatile.

I'll reiterate my tip to bind playlists search to a naked key without Ctrl/Shift/Alt, for extra access speed.