Skip to main content

Topic: CUERipper: press Go - Error Reading CD IOCTL Failed; works second time (Read 3572 times) previous topic - next topic

• worsel
  • [*]
CUERipper: press Go - Error Reading CD IOCTL Failed; works second time
After expanding Cuetools and running Cueripper, I press the "GO" button and my drive spins and then errors out with "Error Reading CD IOCTL Failed".  If I then hit the "OK" button and "GO" again it works with no error and rips the CD.  This happens every time.  Do I have some kind of configuration problem?  The drive normally works fine with numerous other programs.  Any ideas?  Thanks

• koawmfot
  • [*]
CUERipper: press Go - Error Reading CD IOCTL Failed; works second time
Reply #1
i have the same error with plextor drives W2410A, fw 1.03  and W1210A fw 1.10.  the error occurs on windows XP and windows 7 x64, and three different physical computer systems.  cueripper freezes when you hit "go" and it starts "detecting drive features..."  it will take about 5-10 minutes, the give the error "Error Reading CD IoctlFailed".  after that the drive is dead in windows and i have to reboot to get it back.

i have an internal laptop drive that is ok (HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GSA-T21N A1R1) and which can rip a CD, so i know the application works.  when i try the same system with the plextors, it does not work.

any ideas?