Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: some albums missing from foobar (Read 3816 times) previous topic - next topic

some albums missing from foobar

Hi, I just got foobar and some of the albums I have in my library (I have windows 7) are not showing up in foobar. I used to use iTunes, could they be tied to iTunes? all the ones that are missing are CD's that I recently saved to my computer, using iTunes. When I delete something in my library, it's deleted from foobar. but even when I try to add each specific missing album to foobar, they won't show up. What should I do?

Reply #1
have you looked in the foobar console (found on the View menu) to see if there any messages?

Reply #2
have you looked in the foobar console (found on the View menu) to see if there any messages?

Oh, I just did - it doesn't tell me much other than facet installation and when foobar started up?

Reply #3
Is it possible that you have excluded that file types from being added? Look at Preferences, Media Library, File types.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #4
Is it possible that you have excluded that file types from being added? Look at Preferences, Media Library, File types.

I don't think so, there is just *.CUE in that space. I don't know what that means... I find it weird that only my most recent CD uploads are not showing up?

Reply #5
Did you disable "Rescan on startup" or "Monitor for changes" for that specific share in Preferences->Media Library->Music Folders (right click on share)?
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

Reply #6
A friend helped me figure it out - I needed a component for apple lossless files. thanks for your help!

Reply #7

Oh, I just did - it doesn't tell me much other than facet installation and when foobar started up?

that's odd. if i try and add an apple lossless file to my watched folders without that component installed, my console says this....

Location not parsable: "E:\Music\01. Magpie.m4a", reason: Unsupported format or corrupted file

Reply #8
But only on the first time it sees those files.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #9
ah, ok then...