Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problem with .aac file.... (Read 3842 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem with .aac file....

Hi,

In Norway we have started Mpeg4 TV transmissions over DVB-T (Part 10). The Audio is HE-AAC.
For some strange reason no dvb-t software is able to play the audio in the TS stream. I can get video using
dvbviewer with Cyberlink video decoder (H264), but no audio. I've demuxed the audio using gcindex to a .aac file. Winamp IS able to play the audio without a single glitch. On the other hand, VLC, faad, foobar 2k, ffdshow and CoreAAC all fails for some reason. This is a bit anoying since I need a decoder that I can plug into a DirectShow filter chain. I have put a sample here: http://www.dvbviewer.info/forum/index.php?...ost&id=8977

I hope someone can explain the problem with this file.. The file was extracted from the TS using gcindex.

Thanx!

Reply #2
AFAIK, .aac is raw audio. You need to wrap it in a container, such as .m4a.

Just my 2 cents.
EAC>1)fb2k>LAME3.99 -V 0 --vbr-new>WMP12 2)MAC-Extra High

Reply #3
The ADTS headers that this DGIndex generates seem to be wrong/invalid somehow.
The Griga demuxed file is completely without headers and should be decodable with faad2 as long as you set the right samplerate on the command line