Skip to main content

Topic: DVD-Audio -> DTS-CD (Read 3638 times) previous topic - next topic

• mp3weenie
  • [*]
DVD-Audio -> DTS-CD
Hi all,

I want to take a DVD-Audio format (24/48, 24/96) and convert it to a DTS-CD. I have Surcode to encode 6 WAV to 2 channel DTS wave format, however I do not have a 6 channel analog out sound card (I have a Delta 24/96 2 channel IN/OUT analog and digital IO). Is there a way that I can capture the DVD-Audio discrete WAV output without a soundcard? I am using XP-32bit.

Thanks, Jay

• SCOTU
  • [*][*][*]
DVD-Audio -> DTS-CD
Reply #1
You can use DVDAExplorer to extract the digital files off a non-copy protected DVD-A giving you the MLP files that are on the disk.  You can then use something like EAC3To to convert the MLP files to a bunch of different formats (I don't know offhand if it can go straight to DTS -- wouldn't surprise me).  Both of these software are free.

• mp3weenie
  • [*]
DVD-Audio -> DTS-CD
Reply #2
You can use DVDAExplorer to extract the digital files off a non-copy protected DVD-A giving you the MLP files that are on the disk.  You can then use something like EAC3To to convert the MLP files to a bunch of different formats (I don't know offhand if it can go straight to DTS -- wouldn't surprise me).  Both of these software are free.

dude, awsome. DVDAExplorer is easy and AND it is FAST. Up and running in 2 minutes.

Thanks so much!!! Jay