Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sort playlist by file location (directory structure) (Read 9360 times) previous topic - next topic

Sort playlist by file location (directory structure)

Hello.

Is there any way to sort playlist by directory structure, file path (not name)?

Thx for help. ;D
foobar2000 v1.0.2.1

Reply #1
Assuming you're using the default Album List, simply select View > By Folder Structure at the bottom of the list.

Reply #2
Hmm, I have this context menu:

Reply #3
Yes, I'm using default Album List and in View Menu there is no Folder Structure option.

Sorting by File Path doesn't sort by directory structure. It sorts by file name. I don't understand this function. Probably this is a bug.
foobar2000 v1.0.2.1

Reply #4
in your first post you're asking about sorting a playlist by folder structure.
This is not the same as viewing your Library using Album List.

If your trying to sort a playlist, you are referring to Custom Grouping options (Assuming Default UI).

Right click on the Playlist Column Headers, select Groups -> More...

Add Custom Grouping Scheme:
Name:  Directory Name
Pattern:  %directoryname%

Then go back to the Group menu and apply the new scheme.

edit - here's a screen shot to clarify:  http://i39.tinypic.com/25p2q.png

Reply #5
And as per your post #4 if you are talking about the album list panel, it does indeed have a view by Folder Structure option.
This is not the View menu across the top of Foobar. It is the View drop down box that comes along for the ride when you insert the album list panel into your config.

terry

Reply #6
@Mrinferno - it's not an idea.

To be more accurate. I'm using Simple Playlist + Tabs as Main Layout with Default Playlist Layout which have three columns: Playing, 'my own syntax' and Duration.
I would like to sort this playlist by Directory Structure. I don't know why but when foobar sort files from one folder which have another folders put files before some folders when I'm sorting by File Path.

Is there a syntax %file_location% or something like this? I could use it to create my own sort layout because %path%, %path_sort% doesn't work as I would like.
foobar2000 v1.0.2.1

Reply #7
Does this pattern work as you want?

Reply #8
YES, it works! ;D THX! ;D

The user from that topic had the same problem as I.

THX again. ;D
foobar2000 v1.0.2.1