Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cheap noise! (Read 4397 times) previous topic - next topic

Cheap noise!

I want to let you know bout this great online noise-shop:

http://www.thewhitenoisealbum.com/

They sell white and pink noise for $4,99 an hour (no brown noise in stock though, but you won't get no brown iPod either). Yeah, I know what you think. That's to cheap to be good noise, but hey, it's phat stuff! Just took a listen and after 30 minutes I began to hear all those eerie voices talking to me. Now they givin me commands... I have to ... have to... NO... leave me alone... NOOOO!!

Cheap noise!

Reply #1
Too racist.

Cheap noise!

Reply #2
Yeah but their marketing strategy is stupid anyway. Instead of selling the noise to parents who want to mask their infants cry they should have targeted the audiophile community and sell it as a tool to burn-in their equipment. They could sell different kinds of noise specifically tuned for burning in amplifiers, cd-players, cables, speakers... and of course charge $500 instead of $5.

Oh, wait a moment... please forget what I've said before. I've to register a domain name now...

Cheap noise!

Reply #3
I thought the best place to get white noise was random.org? It's quite simple to get pink/brown/whatever noise from white noise source afterwards. You can use "randomness" generated by random.org each day all the way back to 2006-03-11.

Cheap noise!

Reply #4
Are they actually selling that? If so, fools and their money, etc. (not that I'd be surprised)

Cheap noise!

Reply #5
Are they actually selling that? If so, fools and their money, etc. (not that I'd be surprised)

Pure, Powerful WHITE NOISE. Proffessionaly mastered in an all-digital studio The WHITE NOISE ALBUM is the best solution...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAUIFAWUIUIO3Q89QEHVVHOQE39GG!!!1! xD

Ah, that was a good laugh.

Cheap noise!

Reply #6
I'd like to recommend noise with an artistic touch. Here is a free sample from Masami Akita aka Merzbow: I Lead You Towards Glorious Times (live).

It is an authentic live recording of the highest quality. It'll play seamlessly when looped. Just set your player to continuous play and experience the marvelous effects of HQ Noise ArtTM.

Cheap noise!

Reply #7
Thanks for the Merzbow excerpt. My little daughter (3 months) doesn't like it very much however, she's more into old school industrial right now, Throbbing Gristle etc. Maybe when she gets a little bit older...