Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How can I batch trim 2 seconds from a bunch of .wav files? (Read 12586 times) previous topic - next topic

How can I batch trim 2 seconds from a bunch of .wav files?

I have 300 .wav files that include the 2 second pause at the end.  (I'm still not sure how I messed that up).

Is there an easy way I can trim that off?  Preferably with a command line batch utility (I'm on Win XP).

Does the .wav header need to be adjusted as well?

My only other option is to re-extract all the discs.  Ouch.

Reply #1
Is there an easy way I can trim that off?

Audacity might be able to batch this.

Audacity Batch processing

Does the .wav header need to be adjusted as well?

I believe Audacity handles this automatically.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #2
Did you somehow add the pauses, or are they on the CDs? In the latter case, I'd leave them in (definitely if you have cue sheets), but it's obviously your call.

Reply #3
WavTrim is a GUI tool and is able to delete silence at beginning/end of a WAV file.

Reply #4
For batch processing I would use the command line tool SoX. It has a command called "silence" which configurably "[r]emoves silence from the beginning or end of a sound file."

Reply #5
Thanks, WavTrim did the trick.  And it has the benefit of being able to truncate the files in place which takes an instant.