Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: .CUE File Questions (Read 1515 times) previous topic - next topic

.CUE File Questions

Hello,

I am new to downloading music, and I would like to do so the correct and appropriate way. I have decided to download all my music in FLAC format for archiving purposed. However, I do have a few questions pertaining to the .CUE file.

1) Is the .CUE file needed in order to burn an album to a CD?

- I heard that the .cue file is used to split large audio files into appropriate single file tracks for easy listening and facilitating browsing.

- All of my music albums are already split into separate tracks already. Therefore, what I am asking is,

2) If my files are already split into individual tracks, is the .CUE sheet needed?

Essentially, I am having troubles understanding what the use of a .CUE sheet is besides splitting large file of album rips into individual files.

Thanks for the help. I greatly appreciate it.

.CUE File Questions

Reply #1
You should probably start reading here: CUE Sheet Wiki.