Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.6 public test (Read 68380 times) previous topic - next topic

0.6 public test

Reply #75
Hi.
Can you change "reset all" button to "reset current page", and use shif+click this button to "reset all".

Thank you.

no (reasons not worth explaining here).
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

0.6 public test

Reply #76
About the 'show balloon tooltip on song change'. Very nice option, but;

if you change the song again within the time the balloon is visable, the new balloon isn't visable until the old one dissapears. it would be nice if the new balloon comes on top.

(i'm using win2k sp2)

I have the same problem with win2k sp2. However, it works fine with winxp sp1. The balloon is updated immediately when the song is changed with winxp.

[edit] Whoops, I'm using win2k sp3, not sp2.

0.6 public test

Reply #77
I want to see 'File Size = xxxxx bytes' in File Info / Technical Info. I think, implementing this is one-minute work.

BTW, 0.6b4 eats 51% of my CPU (Celeron 500) when 0.586 - just 35%... I'm using Win2kSP3, Output is KS on AC97, and just EQ on DSP.

[EDIT]
Now i'm feeling a noticeable, annoying slowdowns even on DS or WaveOut... Maybe because a new 64bit core? Can be data processing bitdepth optional, e.g. 16/32/64 bits somewhere in options?

Seems like better for me is to stay on the 0.586 because of CPU usage. So sad that folks stops supporting plugins for 0.5x
[/EDIT]
who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; strip; finger; mount; gasp; yes; uptime; umount; sleep

0.6 public test

Reply #78
I think this can be reported as a bug:
screenshot

Is there something fucked up with the database? It does this all the time, and both (foo_shizzle and foo_dbsearch) show up like this, so I believe it's not a bug in either one of the plugins.

0.6 public test

Reply #79
I haven't seen that happen before.  Have you added those files and checked the paths?  Perhaps you've just got some duplicate files.  (Or perhaps you need to run the "remove dead entries" option.)

P.S.  If those aren't duplicate files, then it probably is something with the database if foo_dbsearch is doing it.  I'd be willing to accept that I might have a bug in my code, but foo_dbsearch is really clean and simple.

0.6 public test

Reply #80
beta4 posted, crash when opening mp3 file with xing header not containing frame count should be fixed now

Confirmed, it now plays all of my problem files wthout crashing.

0.6 public test

Reply #81
I want to see 'File Size = xxxxx bytes' in File Info / Technical Info. I think, implementing this is one-minute work.

BTW, 0.6b4 eats 51% of my CPU (Celeron 500) when 0.586 - just 35%... I'm using Win2kSP3, Output is KS on AC97, and just EQ on DSP.

[EDIT]
Now i'm feeling a noticeable, annoying slowdowns even on DS or WaveOut... Maybe because a new 64bit core? Can be data processing bitdepth optional, e.g. 16/32/64 bits somewhere in options?

Seems like better for me is to stay on the 0.586 because of CPU usage. So sad that folks stops supporting plugins for 0.5x
[/EDIT]

No slowdowns here, ~14% CPU here with EQ.
Using either Win2k or WinXP.
CPU is Celeron 466MHz

0.6 public test

Reply #82
I haven't seen that happen before.  Have you added those files and checked the paths?  Perhaps you've just got some duplicate files.  (Or perhaps you need to run the "remove dead entries" option.)

P.S.  If those aren't duplicate files, then it probably is something with the database if foo_dbsearch is doing it.  I'd be willing to accept that I might have a bug in my code, but foo_dbsearch is really clean and simple.

This happens to me all the time. I can't even remember anymore how many times I've removed dead entries and nuked the database. I've just added the files by adding my whole mp3-directory, and I'm 110% sure they're not duplicate files. It's weird thing, as when I've nuked the database and added the files, first the plugins tell everything works great, no duplicate entries. And then some time when I open up either one of the plugins, the duplicates are there. Weird.

0.6 public test

Reply #83
Wierd.  Like I said, if they are showing up with foo_dbsearch (and they aren't duplicates), it's probably a database bug.

Maybe Peter should look at a copy of your database to see what's going on.

0.6 public test

Reply #84
Well here's a new shot (and as the playlist shows, I've only got 3061 songs). Actually right now both plugins show that there's 3656 entries.. It seems to grow everytime I run foobar

My database: grab it here

0.6 public test

Reply #85
Sounds like a bug. 

edit:  Err, "looks" like a bug.

0.6 public test

Reply #86
Just noted that Album list works fine. Peter said that it is quite surely a bug in the plugins.

<DEATH> anza`: do you get this with album list or not ?
<anza`> let's see
<anza`> nope
<DEATH> then blame gay plugins
<DEATH> ah, and tell them that albumlist source is included with SDK
<DEATH> but im pretty sure those plugins do something wrong
<DEATH> such as rely on database items being sorted by filename

0.6 public test

Reply #87
I'll look into it later.  (Though I don't have this problem, and don't know what i should be looking for.  :\)

And I already knew that the albumlist source is included.

0.6 public test

Reply #88
With your database, I get multiple entries.  I guess I at least have a starting point now.

0.6 public test

Reply #89
Albumlist does not work fine.  This is what happens when I add "broken" to the playlist from the albumlist:
http://gelaed.com/images/albumlist.png

The albumlist only shows one instance, but when I add it, I get 7 instances in the playlist.

P.S.  That's with anza's database.  I have no trouble with my database.

0.6 public test

Reply #90
because foobar create duplicates in  database only when "restrict directory to :" is used.
Music is my first love.

0.6 public test

Reply #91
because foobar create duplicates in  database only when "restrict directory to :" is used.

Not true.  Happens to me and I'm not restricting any directories.

Edit:  Duplicate problems should be fixed in beta 5.

0.6 public test

Reply #92
beta5 posted, duplicate entries in database fixed (@#! typo in sorting func)

0.6 public test

Reply #93
beta5 posted, duplicate entries in database fixed (@#! typo in sorting func)

might it be a debug build? the files all seem to be significantly larger than beta4 (almost 2x). no mileage in it being debug for us since we can't trace it?

0.6 public test

Reply #94
I'm getting a bug when loading mods (using kode's latest in_mod) that is similar to the one I used to get when loading mp3s (mp3s loading mp3s seems to be fixed).  I don't know if the problem is with the plugin or fb itself, but it occurs in the exact same 'way' that it crashed when loading mp3s.

I get an illegal operation whenever I try to load large amounts of files at once or open my large playlist from fb .58c. The standard input and output are the only components I have loaded and I'm using entirely default options.

It appears to crash at approximately the same place each time but not always. (i.e. mostly the same folder, sometimes the same file)

i'm using win98se

this is with beta5

also, this isn't technically a bug, but it would be really nice if you add a /random command line switch.

stripe

0.6 public test

Reply #95
$blend does not work (as noted before, this time in beta 3)

yeh. now (from b2) it takes (requires) the fourth parameter, but ignores it. i.e. you could enter 0 or 999 for it but the result is the same.

also it there a reason that the tray max/restore controls arent fixed? Its been there as long as I can remember. Click restore,maximise,restore etc. only by right clicking the tray icon . either straight away or after a few max/restores it will be greyed out. (im on xp, i hope thats not the reason)

edit: teenee: installer is UPX'd = half size files.

0.6 public test

Reply #96
While testing foo_dbsearch, I noticed that case conversion functions in fb2k did not work on non-ASCII characters (like german umlauts or accented characters). I included the following in my on_init() function:
Code: [Select]
setlocale(LC_ALL, "");

The plugin now works, but the fb2k core (and therefore the titleformatting) still seems to use "C" locale. The MS runtime reference does not say that towlower depends on locale (or I've missed it), but apparently it does.
I'm running Win98SE.

0.6 public test

Reply #97
RTFM: FB2K is all UTF-8 internally, use supplied string conversion routines from pfc/string.h

0.6 public test

Reply #98
 I'm finding that 0.6 takes a ridiculously long time to load large playlists - something which didn't happen in 0.5. A playlist of 7088 files takes about 30 seconds to load or open on 0.6 beta5 but only 2 seconds with 0.586.

0.6 public test

Reply #99
Activate the db
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."