Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.6 public test (Read 68386 times) previous topic - next topic

0.6 public test

Reply #100
I just noticed a problem with the 'resume playback after restart' in 0.6b5. If the same song (rather, same file) occurs more than once in a playlist, fb2k will resume the song in the same spot, as desired, however it will resume in the first instance of the song in the playlist...

Example..
020 Blah - Some artist
342 Blah - Some artist

Song #343 will be playing. fb2k is closed at 0:56. When reopened, song 020 begins to play at 0:56.

0.6 public test

Reply #101
Ok, this build seems to work fine, great!

0.6 public test

Reply #102
Activate the db

If you mean check the box - 'Database enabled' - I have already done that. Please, somebody must be having the same problem with large playlists in 0.6???

0.6 public test

Reply #103
Using WinNT4.0, fb2k v0.6 beta 5 (accidentally had beta 1 before, not beta 2 as I thought, D'oh! Previous post edited)

Thanks, zZzZz... This is great.
• Now have buttons working in NT 
• no need to manually specify restriction to audio file types to avoid a playlist full of PNG, JPG and TXT files! 

Also, I like the Album List's Double-click Sends to Playlist option, but this means you can't expand that part of the album tree without starting the album playing and deleting what's currently on the playlist (at least, that's how I interpret the GUI - no plus sign to expand it, so you have to double-click). I'd really like it if you could expand the tree in some other way, but I'll just turn off that option. It would also be good to undo changes to the playlist (such as overwriting it when you meant to add an album instead of sending it)

I'll keep testing new betas, but for normal use with headphones I'll stick with 0.586 until I can get a foo_dsp_crossfeed.dll that supports the new SDK.

Thanks for the few comments on the idea of using metadata to allow crossfeed to be defeated (or other DSPs, I guess)

0.6 public test

Reply #104
I'm finding that 0.6 takes a ridiculously long time to load large playlists - something which didn't happen in 0.5. A playlist of 7088 files takes about 30 seconds to load or open on 0.6 beta5 but only 2 seconds with 0.586.

I've got this one too. Not as bad as you, for me it takes "only" a few seconds to load up a playlist with ~3000 songs. And yes, the db is enabled, read the topic if you don't believe me

0.6 public test

Reply #105
Also, I like the Album List's Double-click Sends to Playlist option, but this means you can't expand that part of the album tree without starting the album playing and deleting what's currently on the playlist (at least, that's how I interpret the GUI - no plus sign to expand it, so you have to double-click). I'd really like it if you could expand the tree in some other way, but I'll just turn off that option. It would also be good to undo changes to the playlist (such as overwriting it when you meant to add an album instead of sending it)

Use arrow/cursor keys: left expands selected node, right collapses it.

RTFM: FB2K is all UTF-8 internally, use supplied string conversion routines from pfc/string.h

Sorry to disappoint you, but I do use pfc/string.h, and case conversion does not work without the call to setlocale.
I also tried "$lower(Überraschung)" in my title formatting string in 0.6b5 and 0.586. This produced "Überraschung" instead of "überraschung" (btw. Überraschung means surprise in English). Again, this all applies to the ANSI version running on Win98SE.

0.6 public test

Reply #106
and wath about KS on this v0.6 beta 5 ?
the librarie foo_out_ks.dll failed to load

now i can use only directsound ....i would like to use KS or ASIO......

0.6 public test

Reply #107

Extract the files from "extra" folder to the same dir as foobar2000.exe

0.6 public test

Reply #108
beta 5 is pretty good only a few problems

1. loading playlists takes forever
2 "add directory" takes ages to load
3. the options page is too big (IMHO)
4. how do i remove entries from "Restrict Directories to" in the datbase settings page???

0.6 public test

Reply #109
I also tried "$lower(Überraschung)" in my title formatting string in 0.6b5 and 0.586. This produced "Überraschung" instead of "überraschung" (btw. Überraschung means surprise in English). Again, this all applies to the ANSI version running on Win98SE.

Same goes for Unicode version (on WinXP) & tolower_utf8()  & add_string_utf8_tolower() etc..
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

0.6 public test

Reply #110

Extract the files from "extra" folder to the same dir as foobar2000.exe

i have yet done it ...in the "extra" folder thereinst any KS dll ....and however i had extract every file from this folder ... :confused:

0.6 public test

Reply #111
Sorry to disappoint you, but I do use pfc/string.h, and case conversion does not work without the call to setlocale.

if you try to use international characters on win9x, you basically get what you are asking for.
also, apparently crt towlower() function doesn't handle unicode, i'll look for some workaround.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

0.6 public test

Reply #112

4. how do i remove entries from "Restrict Directories to" in the datbase settings page???

1. Yes, yes, yes my problem exactly!
2. Not having that problem
3. Alright by me
4. ??? just hit the delete key or backspace...

0.6 public test

Reply #113

1. Yes, yes, yes my problem exactly!
2. Not having that problem
3. Alright by me
4. ??? just hit the delete key or backspace...

1,2 : R.T.F.changelog, you need to configure database
4. you don't "remove" entries, dropdown list just keeps history of things you typed before.

0.6 public test

Reply #114
0.6 beta6 posted, with updated SDK, case-conversion functions should be fixed now (uses ugly hack to remove #define UNICODE dependency but seems to work fine so far)

0.6 public test

Reply #115
@case:
either something wrong with flaccer or is there a hidden config somewhere?

default cli flac vs foobar flaccer:
Code: [Select]
26.883.404 We_Use_The_Pain.wav
18.467.407 We_Use_The_Pain_cmd.flac
24.913.775 We_Use_The_Pain_foobar.flac
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

0.6 public test

Reply #117
I use english version win2000 and I want to see the unicode names of chinese songs in the status bar.
0.6beta can't display unicode characters in the status bar. But 0.586 can.

0.6 public test

Reply #119
0.6 beta6 posted, with updated SDK, case-conversion functions should be fixed now (uses ugly hack to remove #define UNICODE dependency but seems to work fine so far)

$caps still doesn't work with unicode strings in playlist here.

BTW is it possible for $caps to 'ignore' non-letters (ehm.. say, brackets, slashes and punctuation)? If they are directly before word with no space between, it's not capitalized.

0.6 public test

Reply #120
Thanks for the new crossfeed, Trelane! 

That 1965 track, "Lies", sounds wonderful now it's outside my head!

0.6 public test

Reply #121
The Albumlist is borked somehow.  It's reporting that I have no entries in the database, but I have the database turned on, and it has 3526 entries, as Meta Search shows.  My "Add All" plugin also finds those 3526 entries with no problem.

http://gelaed.com/images/albumlist2.png

0.6 public test

Reply #122
move your database out of the foobar directory..
start foobar and let it create default empty db
close foobar and put back your full db
should work

0.6 public test

Reply #123
The thing is, the database isn't empty.  It's not a database problem, because my plugins (as well as fooshion's) can see the database info just fine.  It's apparently an albumlist problem.

0.6 public test

Reply #124
Nevermind.  Apparently the albumlist really doesn't like it when the "tree hierarchy" string contains invalid data.  I was missing a percent sign after one of the meta-names.

My bad.