Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How Right Click Open FOLDER in Foobar (Read 7113 times) previous topic - next topic

How Right Click Open FOLDER in Foobar

I can right click on a file, e.g. .mp3 file and tell Windows to open the file using Foobar and I know how to shift right click to add new applications to the open with choice list for FILES.

The Right click 1) Open with 2) Shift Right Click choose new app trick does not work with folders.

I have some choices for folders in the context menu for folders but do not know how to add an app like foobar, when I KNOW that the folder contains music files, e.g. all .mp3 or all .flac in that folder with maybe a .jpg or two or playlist or.cue file.

What I end up doing is exploring the folder and either double clicking (e.g. flac where foobar is the default) or right click open with choose foobar (e.g. .mp3 where Windows media player is the default) and then after foobar is open and running, then and only then can I drag the folder itself into foobar to add the entire folder to the playlist.

How can I double click or right click on a folder and get foobar to open in the process? I.E. I want to add foobar to the context menu for folders.
"J.J."

Reply #1
Have you configured the option as circled?

Reply #3
Thanks for this tip. I couldn' believe it was so easy. Thank you. Foobar just keeps surprising me