Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist search window (Read 4630 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlist search window

Hi everybody!

This is my first post, this is a great forum, and - obviously - foobar2000 is the best music player!

I've been an enthusiastic user since 2004; the player has always satisfied all my needs  However, now I've to make a request. I noticed the fact only some weeks ago, but it seems to me that in the newer versions of foobar there's no more the possibility to make the playlist search window appear even if the player is minimized in the system tray. I'm pretty sure that a long time ago this was possible, thus I'm wondering whether this option has disappeared, or it's mine fault. Anyone could help me?

If I've been not clear, this is the behavior I'm expecting: I assign to the "playlist search" command a shortcut (say CTRL-F, global) and when I use the shortcut I expect the search window to appear, even when the player is not showing or it's hidden.

Thanks in advance to anyone who will help me, and sorry for my poor English

oh, I was forgetting the most important part: thanks to all foobar2000 (and third-part) developers  You do an amazing job!

Playlist search window

Reply #1
Have you remembered to enable the Global check box? The Global column should show yes for your keyboard shortcut.

If you do do that, I would use a slightly less common combination than Ctrl-F.

Playlist search window

Reply #2
I mapped CtrlAltShift+F12 to summoning foobar from the tray. It's a hefty keystroke, but I also do plenty of Photoshop work, so am used to CtrlAltShift+S.

Playlist search window

Reply #3
Have you remembered to enable the Global check box? The Global column should show yes for your keyboard shortcut.

Yes. Do you experience a different behavior?

If you do do that, I would use a slightly less common combination than Ctrl-F.

Actually, it's a different one, I wrote the first one that came to my mind

Playlist search window

Reply #4
It doesn't work for me either. But I don't know if it's intentional or not... However it would be a nice addition.

Playlist search window

Reply #5
It doesn't work for me either. But I don't know if it's intentional or not... However it would be a nice addition.

Yes, maybe Peter is gonna find the time to implement it, someday

Playlist search window

Reply #6
Works for me. Make sure it's set to global and action is set to: [main]>edit>search.

Playlist search window

Reply #7
Works for me. Make sure it's set to global and action is set to: [main]>edit>search.

Checked

I've also made a try using both DUI and ColumnsUI, but it really seems to make no difference. I'm using Windows Vista, by the way: could this be the reason behind this strange behavior?

Playlist search window

Reply #8
I find that sometimes it popsunder my current application, if I press the key combo twice then I get the blue flash to show it's up (but still not focused.) I'm on XP so it could be Vista but I have no knowledge of the underlying system differences in hotkey hooking.

Playlist search window

Reply #9
the same effect on vista:
transparent blue window is flashing two times, and that is the search dialog under the focused application windows

Playlist search window

Reply #10
the same effect on vista:
transparent blue window is flashing two times, and that is the search dialog under the focused application windows

The same effect here. Strange, wondering if there's a way to change this behavior..

Playlist search window

Reply #11
it works if you make foobar on top
but that's bad workaround

Playlist search window

Reply #12
it works if you make foobar on top
but that's bad workaround

Yeah, it works, but as you said, it's not properly the best solution

Is there some dev who can have a look on this, in the upcoming releases?

Playlist search window

Reply #13
I have experienced the same problem, the functionality is essential to me: I really do not like to open player if i want to jump to my favourite song..
I'm using foobar2000 on Windows 7 64-bit (starting to use, like it very much!)

I vote for the fix of this bug! Please!

Thanks a lot for the great player,
lynx