Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Question (Read 3743 times) previous topic - next topic

Album Art Question

Hi.

Today I installed Foobar2000 v1.01 (portable) for the 1st time and like the program so far except for how the album art is displayed.

My mp3 music collection is 80 Gigabyte and all the mp3 files are perfectly tagged with album art (450x450) embedded and I would like that Foobar2000 displays them in this size as well.

All I could manage until now is that the album art is displayed in the below left corner in about 250x250 but that's not what I want.

What I'm looking for is a way to display the album art only, centered in full screen while the music is playing so it can be shown on an external flat screen TV (in a music pub for example).

This was possible on Windows Media Player 11 (Vista) but not anymore on Windows Media Player 12 (Windows 7) and that's why I'm looking for an alternative.

Hopefully there is a way to achieve this with Foobar2000 and if yes, please give me some advise on how to do it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tommy

Album Art Question

Reply #2
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=676478

Hi Gabkiller.

Thanks for the quick reply.

This seems to be exactly what I'm looking for but I can't figure out how to install a script like this.

It says set up a layout in Preferences > Display > Columns UI, Tab Layout like this:

Code: [Select]
Vertical splitter
+- WSH Panel Mod
\- NG Playlist [hidden]

I can't find "Columns UI" under Preferences > Display.

I downloaded:

foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod-1.3.2.7z

Then I added the components and the docs folder to the Foobar2000 install directory.

Sorry, for my stupidity but I'm very new to this program and this all looks like developers stuff to me and I'm not that much of a geek.

Please give me a hand here to get this done like a step by step guide  if possible.

Thanks again very much,
Tommy

Album Art Question

Reply #3
Hi,

Columns UI is a different User Interface and isn't included in foobar2000 at default.

You have to download it separately and put the "foo_ui_columns.dll" in the "components"-folder.

Get it here: Columns UI

Album Art Question

Reply #4
Install columns ui, create a setup as described.
right click wsh panel and paste code from odjos config.

done.

Album Art Question

Reply #5
Thanks a lot Bolleropp & Gapkiller, I got this now but it seems that there is still something missing.

I can't find the WSH panel context menu.

As I said before, I did copy the dll and plugin files from foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod-1.3.2.7z into the components folder and also added the docs folder to the Foobar2000 installation directory but still can't find the WSH panel context menu in order to copy and paste the text file contents WSHtpc01_0.1.txt into the configuration dialog.

Please give me a hint what I'm missing,
Tommy

Album Art Question

Reply #6
have you tried to create the layout as described in columns ui layout tab?

Album Art Question

Reply #7
You have integrate WSH Panel Mod in your Layout. Follow these steps:

Preferences > Display > Columns UI - Layout:

Code: [Select]
Vertical splitter
+- WSH Panel Mod
\- NG Playlist [hidden]

Then rightclick into the WSH Panel Mod-window and paste the text.

Album Art Question

Reply #8
.......thanks to both of you album art is displaying now like I wanted to.

Only the shortcut keys aren't working (none of them) which means if I hide the menu toolbar I can't make it visible again using a shortcut key.

I had to uninstall the program twice after I disabled the menu toolbar because there was nothing else I could do to make the menu toolbar visible again.

Is there something that can be done about that?

Thanks a lot for your help, I really do appreciate it,
Tommy

Album Art Question

Reply #9
Check hidden and autohide on the right of the layout tab (menu is marked) for safety...
it will appear on mouse over...
do the same for your NG - Playlist...
Now you can experiment with the shortcut settings which should work.

Album Art Question

Reply #10
.......it's coming together now, slowly but surely.

I'm going to play around with it for a while and probably I'll back for some more help later.

What I didn't manage to do until now is to hide the gray "Playlist" bar down below (see screenshot) and make it visible again with a keyboard shortcut like I did with the menu toolbar on top because I couldn't find a preconfigured keyboard shortcut for it.

Anyway, I start to like this little program more and more.

Thanks again for all your input to get me on track.......
Tommy

Album Art Question

Reply #12
.......got that thanks, starts to looking good now.

One last thing, is it possible to set a fixed size (or maximum size) on how the album art is displayed?

Right now the size of the displayed album art changes depending on window size.

What I would like to do is having a fixed size for the album art in fullscreen mode.......
Tommy