Skip to main content
Topic: HDCD Decoder (Read 219862 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: HDCD Decoder

Reply #475
@kode54
my layout [$info(bitspersample)-bit[ $info(bitspersample_extra)] ][%codec% | ][%bitrate% kbps | ][%samplerate% Hz | ][%channels% | ]%playback_time%[ / %length%] $if($info(hdcd),'(HDCD:’,) $if(%__hdcd%,PE: %__hdcd_peak_extend% LLE: %__hdcd_gain% TF: %__hdcd_transient_filter%’)’)

Reply #476
This appears to be possibly a bug in 1.4.1 or even 1.4. It's a pity I haven't listened to any of my HDCDs in so long that I didn't even notice it whenever it first appeared. I notice, with my component installed, that neither missing info nor present info are reported for those tags.

Reply #477
@kode54  is a fix possible ?

Reply #478
I doubt I can apply a fix to foobar2000 itself. I haven't changed anything in the component itself to cause it to stop working.

Reply #479
@kode54  I believe it had to be  the 1.4.1 final as it was working previous you should see I PMed peter and CC'd you id really like this issue fixed and usabke again i have alot of contrent and having the display was great

Reply #480
Then it's out of my control.

Reply #481
 @kode54  we should atlest try wither its something you can compensate for via a update or if its something peter needs to patch I do not want it to just die just because

Reply #482
He claims it's because dynamic tags aren't supposed to work in the playlist. I found they're not working in the status bar, either.  Nothing I can "compensate for".

Reply #483
@kode54  well it should be noted that i only ever use the status bar so while peter may have intended to limit dynamic tags in playlists it clearly effects foobar  as a whole  @Peter  please address this this plugin is a staple for me and the fault seems to be in foobar core

Reply #484
What are you people talking about? HDCD's dynamics fields work fine if you don't use incorrect string from MJmusicguy. His string has ' replaced with incorrect escape character.
Corrected string is
Code: [Select]
[$info(bitspersample)-bit[ $info(bitspersample_extra)] ][%codec% | ][%bitrate% kbps | ][%samplerate% Hz | ][%channels% | ]%playback_time%[ / %length%] $if($info(hdcd),'(HDCD:',) $if(%__hdcd%,PE: %__hdcd_peak_extend% LLE: %__hdcd_gain% TF: %__hdcd_transient_filter%')')
Though it can be simplified to just
Code: [Select]
[$info(bitspersample)-bit[ $info(bitspersample_extra)] ][%codec% | ][%bitrate% kbps | ][%samplerate% Hz | ][%channels% | ]%playback_time%[ / %length%][ '('HDCD: PE: %__hdcd_peak_extend% LLE: %__hdcd_gain% TF: %__hdcd_transient_filter%')']

Reply #485
Bah, I was tricked. I didn't even notice the "smart" quote usage when I blindly copied his string for testing.

Reply #486
He claims it's because dynamic tags aren't supposed to work in the playlist. I found they're not working in the status bar, either.  Nothing I can "compensate for".

I wonder what you asked him about ...
Memento: this is Hydrogenaudio. Do not assume good faith.

Reply #487
I made a mistake. I hope I have sufficiently owned up to it. I failed to check my own variables properly.

The code snippet that I used verbatim contained a single open apostrophe / single quote, unterminated because all subsequent quotes were "smart" quotes. The resulting unterminated string was a parameter to an $if, so it was not emitted.

Reply #488
@kode54 Well that is awesome because that was my old code which always worked however cases code worked just fine so i am happy sorry everyone  @Case thank you

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018