Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_shizzle (Read 27032 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_shizzle

Reply #75
Numbering scheme; The first three numbers are now the minimum
  compatable version of foobar2000.  The last three digits are the
  Meta Search version number for that particular foobar2000 branch.

Uhm. That adds to six. There are only 5 numbers.

foo_shizzle

Reply #76
I posted the number wrong.  It should be: 0.6.0.000

foo_shizzle

Reply #77
Now meta search gives error like this every time I try to run it: "Error during window construction"

foo_shizzle

Reply #78
  • Search for something selecting from list what to search in.
  • Clicking the "search in" field.
  • --> WINDOWS ERROR: IDC_SEARCH__COMBO_CBN_EDITCHANGE

foo_shizzle

Reply #79
Now meta search gives error like this every time I try to run it: "Error during window construction"

Are you also getting this error when you try to open the config window?  Or is it only the search window?

foo_shizzle

Reply #80
  • Search for something selecting from list what to search in.

• Clicking the "search in" field.

• --> WINDOWS ERROR: IDC_SEARCH__COMBO_CBN_EDITCHANGE

So you're actually getting this message when you are selecting?  Not when typing into the combo?
Windows is bizarre.  Can you tell me exactly when you're getting this message?  Is it when you click on the field and it displays the drop-down list, or is it when you ctually choose a different selection from that drop-down list?

Oh, wait.  I see.  You're actually getting that message when you first click on the drop-down list.  Hmm.  At least this is more useful that knowing that it just doesn't work. 

edit:  Windows 2000 might not be quite as bizarre as I thought.  I typed in one of the errors wrong.  I'll bet you were supposed to see "IDC_SEARCH_COMBO__CBN_SELCHANGE", and I should be able to fix that.

foo_shizzle

Reply #81
hmmm...now I only get the error when I try to write something in the "search in" field...and not as I wrote: when I click it.

foo_shizzle

Reply #82
Wait.  So you're actually seeing that message when you type into the "search in" field?  Ok.  Windows is as bizarre as I thought earlier.

I've posted a new version: 0.6.0.002 (uploaded 001 and then made another change)
http://gelaed.com/resources/cplusplus/foo_shizzle.zip

I don't know if it will fix your problem, Jan, but it might.  The problem is that Microsoft isn't very clear on which messages are sent, or when, or in what order.  I've changed some code, though, so it should be handling things differently.

anza, I think it will probably fix your problem, but I'd still like to know if you were seeing that same message when you openned the config window. 

foo_shizzle

Reply #83
The error is gone but I still can't search in anything not listed in the drop-down.

foo_shizzle

Reply #84
So even if you hit the enter key and force it to re-search, you're still limited to only what's in the drop-down list?

Also, is the "auto-search" bug fixed, or do you still have to have auto-search on?

foo_shizzle

Reply #85
Hitting enter never did anything for me (other than a short flash indicating that something was updated).

What auto-search bug are you refering to?

Auto-update search in enabled.

foo_shizzle

Reply #86
Didn't you say earlier that you had to have auto-search turned on in order to search at all?

edit:
Without "auto update" enabled it doesn't search at all no matter what I do.

Is that still the case?

By the way, I really appreciate your help with this.

foo_shizzle

Reply #87
No, if I select something from the list I can search manually (with auto-search off and hitting enter to search instead).

And np  I love to help if I can.

foo_shizzle

Reply #88
No, if I select something from the list I can search manually (with auto-search off and hitting enter to search instead).

And np  I love to help if I can.

Well, that's good.  I don't know where the "auto-search" bug came from, but I'm the restructuring fixed that, at least.

If you feel like doing some more testing, I've uploaded 0.6.0.003 annoying version.  It'll pop up messages telling what windows is doing when you search.  Just try typing something into the combo-box, and let me know what messages pop up. (Title and Message)

http://gelaed.com/resources/cplusplus/foo_...le.annoying.zip

foo_shizzle

Reply #89
This happens when I try searching using something not on the list:
metasearch3

foo_shizzle

Reply #90
That's what I expected, but I don't know why it's doing that.  I'm going to have to figure it out.

Thanks.

foo_shizzle

Reply #92
Ok, I was getting the error also in the config screen, and it wiped out all the settings also  When I put the settings back, it started working greatly again. Haven't tried 0.6.0.004 yet, but hope it works fine also

foo_shizzle

Reply #93
I fixed that bug in 0.6.0.003, because it happened to me, too.    It's in the changelog.

foo_shizzle

Reply #94
Everything works perfectly now!!!

foo_shizzle

Reply #95
Yeah, it helps when the developer stops using messages that don't work on your system.    (long story that involves me trying to optimize)

I'll see about changing it so that you can search for "sound engineer" soon.    Then I might try again to get it working on Win98.

foo_shizzle

Reply #96
Yeah, working great right now! Everything's just as it should!

foo_shizzle

Reply #97
Could you please make it search in filename also when searching in "all"?

foo_shizzle

Reply #98
I believe there is an option for that

foo_shizzle

Reply #99
Hey just got an idea. Could you make it so, that when searching for filename, it shows the filename, not the results display formatting? It'd be so cool if it was possible and you could make this happen.