Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: converting files to mp3 CBR instead of VBR (Read 2102 times) previous topic - next topic

converting files to mp3 CBR instead of VBR

Hi.  When using the converter in Foobar, how do you change the bitrate for converting mp3s from variable to constant using LAME Encoder? I don't see this option anywhere. Perhaps it's a command line?

Reply #2
You need to use a custom encoder preset and enter the commandline arguments yourself. Usually something like:
Code: [Select]
 --noreplaygain -b128 - %d
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #3
just incase you wanted 320kbps, there is a new preset on the mp3 converter dialog in 1.0.1 beta2.

Reply #4
Thanks guys

Just for the record, I'm converting variable 192 to CBR 192. The reason for this is because of a mod for Fallout 3 that allows you to place your own mp3 files in your custom radio station. Problem is, the mod/game only plays CBR files not variable. I also added a reverb effect using the Freeverb dsp to the songs, to make the wasteland environments more creepy

Reply #5
If that's the case, your best bet is to use MP3Packer to losslessly convert your VBR files to CBR, rather than transcoding (which is a lossy process).