Skip to main content
Topic: foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 2 (Read 8897 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 2

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 2 has been released.
This is a maintenance update addressing various issues found in the 1.0 release as well as adding minor new features.

Download...

List of changes since beta 1:
  • Converter: worked-around misbehaviors of command-line encoders when the output file name begins with - or @.
  • Converter: refreshed MP3 encoding configuration dialog.
Read full change log...

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 2

Reply #1
Thank you so much, Peter; you and the team continue outstanding releases.  Potential bug I recently ran into (I never rule out user ignorance/error, though):

* Playing back an MP3 in a folder with Foobar2000 v1.0 (stable) running on Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, user account (non-admin)
* Foobar2000 standard album art viewer was displaying the cover art stored in the same folder ("title.jpg")
* Deciding to change the artwork, I deleted the cover art file during playback and added new cover art to the folder called (cover.jpg) [not a great idea, admittedly]
* Foobar2000 stopped displaying the original cover art on track change and has displayed no art ever since for that folder only (even tried deleting MP3's and creating new versions from lossless originals - no difference); all other folders display fine
* I can open the new cover.jpg file just fine in a backup folder and with Windows explorer - I believe the file to be valid
* Installed Foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 2 - behavior unchanged
* No console errors / notifications related to art work display or playback
Was that a 1 or a 0?

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 2

Reply #2
Bringing up a Library Search window then hiding the foobar2000 main form fails to also hide the search window.

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 2

Reply #3
Bringing up a Library Search window then hiding the foobar2000 main form fails to also hide the search window.

What UI? What operating system? What components?

Works here with DUI/win7.
elevatorladylevitateme

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 2

Reply #4
Default UI, Win 7, basically no extra components (or none that would affect it as 0.9.6.9 behaves properly). Funny thing is I can't reproduce it on a clean system.

Edit: Figured it out. It only happens when have 'Minimize to notification area' checked.

foobar2000 v1.0.1 beta 2

Reply #5
Thank you very much for the hard work to deliver this magnificent player!

Starting from foobar2000 1.0 I cannot convert to Monkey's Audio (ape) with embedded cuesheet properly. When I try to convert any supported audio files to .ape ("Generate multi-track files" in Converter), the TITLE and PERFORMER commands for each TRACK of the embedded cuesheet are actually the same as TITLE and PERFORMER of the album. If I remove foo_input_monkey.dll the cuesheet is correct, albeit not embedded.

System is Windows XP SP3. The problem happens after clean install, without any 3rd party components.

This is a sample of a erroneous embedded cuesheet, produced with the presence of foo_input_monkey.dll:
Code: [Select]
REM GENRE Electronic, Hip Hop
REM DATE 2001
PERFORMER "DJ Krush"
TITLE "Zen"
FILE "CDImage.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Zen"
    PERFORMER "DJ Krush"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Zen"
    PERFORMER "DJ Krush"
    INDEX 01 05:18:45
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Zen"
    PERFORMER "DJ Krush"
    INDEX 01 09:34:15
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Zen"
    PERFORMER "DJ Krush"
    INDEX 01 15:12:72
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "Zen"
    PERFORMER "DJ Krush"
    INDEX 01 21:12:37

This is a sample of a correct cuesheet, not embedded, produced without the Monkey's Audio component:
Code: [Select]
REM GENRE Electronic, Hip Hop
REM DATE 2001
PERFORMER "DJ Krush"
TITLE "Zen"
FILE "DJ Krush - Zen.ape" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Song 1"
    PERFORMER "DJ Krush"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Zen Approach"