Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not My Release] EsPlaylist (Read 341318 times) previous topic - next topic

[Not My Release] EsPlaylist

Reply #325
Thanks.
It seems that no album arts are found.
Although I don't know the details about foo_upnp, I guess it provides only album art of the currently playing track.
I'd like to know whether normal album art viewer of DUI( and NG Playlist of CUI) will show your album arts correctly even if you check Preferences->Selection viewers->Prefer current selection.

I use DUI and 'prefer current selection' is already checked and always was. Whatever track (remote or local) is highlighted (selected) in my playlist pane (not necessarily playing) displays in the normal album art viewer. Changing to 'prefer currently playing track' locked the album art to the playing track, as it should. Hope that helps. Thanks again.
Watch out were the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow! - F. Zappa

Reply #326
Thanks.
Honestly speaking, I don't know how to get the album art data in this situation that the standard album art API, album_art_manager_v2 doesn't return the valid result.

Reply #327
Thanks.
Honestly speaking, I don't know how to get the album art data in this situation that the standard album art API, album_art_manager_v2 doesn't return the valid result.

Hey, it's not a deal breaker. I still love the plug-in. Just thought it would be really cool as the interface for a UPnP controller. Gives you something to look into, eh? Thanks for all of efforts so far.
Watch out were the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow! - F. Zappa

Reply #328
hello,
Is it possible to sort/group in library mode descending?
Right know I sort/group for the %added% date like this

$year(%added%)-$month(%added%)

result in grouping

2007-10
2007-11
2010-08

I like to reverse this order to have new additions on top.
Any way to do this?

Reply #329
I like to reverse this order to have new additions on top.
Any way to do this?

For example, you can put this to your sort: "$sub(2100,$year(%added%))$sub(12,$month(%added%))"

Reply #330
thanks you! works great, just had to add padded zero because month order were 10 11 3 then.
grouping script looks now like that:

Code: [Select]
$num($sub(2100,$year($meta(added))),2) - $num($sub(12,$month($meta(added))),2)

Reply #331
Would it be possible to have an option to turn off playlist searching outside of the search bar? I ask this as some of the keyboard shortcuts I use such as for rating tracks result in esplaylist highlighting matching tracks. Thanks.

Reply #332
@ssenna,

Thanks again for all your excellent components and for taking our remarks into consideration,

The Group SideInfo column is not empty when the grouping preset is set to NONE (and then displays information about the first track of the playlist). (And I don't want to delete this column because I use it  most of the time but I have a special playlist for singles with no grouping set)

Do you think it may be possible to change that?

Thanks again,
Decalicatan_Decalicatan.
Decalicatan Decalicatan

Reply #333
Thanks.

It should work if you're using album_art_manager_v2:

Code: [Select]
        metadb_handle_list list;
    // add some metadb_handle_ptr in list
    pfc::list_t<GUID> guids;
    guids.add_item(album_art_ids::cover_front);

album_art_extractor_instance_v2::ptr extractor;
    try {
        extractor = static_api_ptr_t<album_art_manager_v2>()->open(list, guids, abort);
        album_art_data_ptr pdata = extractor->query(album_art_ids::cover_front, abort);
    } catch(exception_album_art_not_found) {
    }

The only restriction for the upnp album art provider to return something is that metadb_handle_ptr's in the list must reference the same album (ie have the same album tag). Otherwise you'll get a exception_album_art_not_found when invoking query(). The album art guids are unused and can be anything.

Reply #334
It should work if you're using album_art_manager_v2:

Thank you very much for you help.
Maybe, my mistake was expecting that query_path returns the valid path.

@Brown Sound
Could you try this ? [attachment=6099:foo_uie_..._0.1.2.2.zip](this version ouputs no console log)

Reply #335
Could you try this ? [attachment=6099:foo_uie_..._0.1.2.2.zip](this version ouputs no console log)

It works .

Reply #336
Considered about fixing sorting? A few weeks ago I reported these glitch already.
Here an example:

In my opinion the best solution is to add a custom sort string field right here:

thx

Reply #337
Just wanted to request multi-genre support in Library View, since that's the only thing that keeps this component from being 100% perfect for my needs!

Cheers,
FaintingGoat

Reply #338
Hi ssenna! I have a text rendering question?
I made a screenshot to demonstrate ESPlaylist, ELPplaylist and Biography panel text rendering in a glass window.
All the colors are maxed out RGB 255.
ELPlaylist text is made by $drawstring aa and Biography panel text rendering is set to GDI.
and you can see in the screenshot that, when there is white background behind the foobar the ESPlaylist colors are washed away (or you can see thru them).

Screenshot

If you can do something about it (add GDI rendering option or something), I will be forever thankful to you!!

PS. And also it will be good if there was an option something like Highlight selected item enable/disable. To hide selected item background box.

Reply #340
Can you change the Rating column behavior to something like this:
Song with 4 star rating -> double clicking on the forth star -> remove rating tag
Instead of the current behavior
Song with 4 star rating -> double clicking on the forth star -> set to 3 star rating
The current behavior is redundant considering you can simply set to 3 star rating by double clicking on the third star for the specific example here.

Reply #341
Definitely the best playlist! Thank you for writing and maintaining this amazing plugin, ssenna.

A small feature request: could you make shortcuts customizable? Oh and if you don't mind me asking: what does "es" stand for? "Extra-special"? Just curious.

Reply #342
EsPlaylist v0.1.2.3 (2010/10/02) released.

Changelog:
  • added custom sort setting of sorting on clicking column header.
  • added rating editing on double click.(Playback Statistics may be required)

Download EsPlaylist v0.1.2.3

Reply #343
thx for the update!

good work 

Reply #344
@ssenna,

The best plugin....absolutely love it...

A feature request: Is it possible to add multiple custom filters using title formatting for "Browse Library" (current default is ALL) in Preferences and make them selectable through the content menu?

I am sure many of us here have huge libraries (>25K songs). This will be a huge time saver in such cases.  This will also greatly enhance EsPlaylist's usability with touch screens.

Reply #345
I do have a request: I have some compilations which are stored in folders with cover art in folder.jpg, while the individual songs have as internal cover art the original release the song comes from. Now EsPlaylist seems to sometimes prioritize the folder.jpg file and sometimes the internal cover art. In my case I use EsPlaylist just to show albums, so I would like to be able influence this priority in such a way that it always chooses the folder.jpg file if available.

Reply #346
Bug: Tooltips are shown partially offscreen (to the right) if they're long enough. They're also shown below the windows taskbar (I keep mine to the right). Other tooltips show above the taskbar and their position is offset until they're fully visible. Hope this is fixable.

For contrast:

Reply #347
@ssenna

Do you think it could be possible for you to add an Pseudo-transparent background (or Change background color) option for the borders of the Search Bar?

thanks in advance,

Decalicatan_Decalicatan
Decalicatan Decalicatan

Reply #348
Feature improvement:
Please add tooltip support for group header in flat view mode, currently it only works for items and not group header.
Thanks.

Reply #349
I can't see any tooltip when i hover things in EsPlaylist (both in Layered or Flat mode) though i enabled it in "Options -> Configure..." .
Can you post a screenshot :-?