Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Using my Yamaha RX-V3900 for Gaming headset and mic? (Read 1096 times) previous topic - next topic

Using my Yamaha RX-V3900 for Gaming headset and mic?

I'm considering to re-make my computers audio setup.

Today I've got a Intel LGA1366 setup with a Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 audio card, combined with a Asus GeForce GTX285 graphics card running a Profigold HDMI cable to my Yamaha RX-V3900 AV-receiver.

And I've got a pair of Sennheiser PC350 headset for my gaming hooked up to the Xonar card.

This is working okay, but I'm not truley impressed with the Windows7 drivers for the Xonar card, it also seems like the Xonar card is having some bad interference with my video quality outputted through HDMI to my RX-V3900?

So I was thinking if replacing the audio card, along with getting a nice pair of new headset for my birthday, as the Sennheiser PC350 doesn't really fit my head that well?

There aren't many headset out there that can challenge the PC350 when it comes to audio quality, but perhaps the Qpad QH-1339 might be a improvement? What do you think? PC350 vs QH-1339?

Then I was wondering if I should just stop waiting for the nVIDIA GTX480 and simply go for a Radeon HD5870 and run HDMI passthrough to my RX-V3900 and hook my headset to my receiver?

Do you think I'll get better audio if I run HDMI passthrough to my RX-V3900 and hook my headset directly to it?
Or am I better of with a audio card like the Asus Xonar or Auzentech X-Fi Home Telheater HD?

Or perhaps running the Theater HD in Gaming mode to my RX-V3900 through HDMI and my headset to RX-V3900?

Or would that be pointless?
What do you guys think would be the best solution?