Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Looking for best quality budget earbuds (Read 5675 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for best quality budget earbuds

Need some new portables for my Archos, only came with $5 maxells and my sonys died. My range is between $30 - $75 tops. My research says Sennheiser CX-400II, Amazon is best for my money, wanted to get a second opinion before purchase.

Reply #1
Sennheiser CX models are actually re-branded Fostex(JP) earphones, and they are really heavy in the bass w/ limited upper frequency range. In your price range, I would say Apple IEM($79) is the best bang for the buck. (even better than Shure SE310 in terms of FR linearity)

Check this out:
Apple In-ear Headphones performance at Headphoneinfo

Reply #2
You cannot go wrong with Yuin PK3, OK3 or 2 (below 79$), Head Direct RE2 (39$), and MEELectronics M6 or M9 which are more controlled and resolved than the Sennheiser CX models, though I do enjoy the smack-you-in-the-face bass.

Reply #3
I was positively surprised by creative EP-630 earbuds, when i saw the low price (~17€ on amazon.de) i didn't expect them to have that good sound quality for this price.. IMHO, they even sounded better than Creative's own Aurvana series (I replaced my broken Aurvana with EP-630 - don't want to go back)

Reply #4
Need some new portables for my Archos, only came with $5 maxells and my sonys died. My range is between $30 - $75 tops. My research says Sennheiser CX-400II, Amazon is best for my money, wanted to get a second opinion before purchase.

I thought that about my CX-300 mk ii's for the first 2 weeks I had them.  They had overpowering bass no mid and harsh treble, but then I realized your not suppose to push them in till you get a seal.  They actually sound really balanced with good bass but not overpowering or boomy out all.  I mean they should have more bass but there budget headphones.  I would recommend the CX 400 mk ii's.  The only reason I didn't get them instead is because the 300's have a y cord so one headphone goes behind your neck.  Other than that I think the 400's have slightly better drivers because of the better frequency response.

I tried the Creative ep 630 buds or something that looked the same (came with a laptop) and they sounded allot worse than ipod headphones.