Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 Midi (with Gravis UltraSound Pat) (Read 2710 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 Midi (with Gravis UltraSound Pat)

Dear All,

I'm digging up the midi files and found that Foobar2000 have a component for midi, but the "Emu de Midi" was disappointing, and the only alternative is FruitSynth, it seems to use SF2 sound banks (am I correct? Please tell me).

Since I got lot of ancient Gravis UltraSound PAT's but no SF2, as I remember those PATs seems better sound than SF2, is it very difficult to implement PATs to Foobar2000?

Since all Timidity version was abandoned, it may be good idea to let Foobar2000 use the PATs, since lot of free PATs around:

http://freepats.zenvoid.org/freepats/

Thanks.
Hong Kong - International Joke Center (after 1997-06-30)

Foobar2000 Midi (with Gravis UltraSound Pat)

Reply #1
Actually, SF2 is technically superior to PAT sets, since it supports multiple sample layering and also filtering. That also means it is technically possible to convert a PAT set to a single SF2, using the proper tools. I'm not sure if Awave Studio or whatever can be used to do this, however.