Skip to main content

Topic: Foobar and flac (Read 3015 times) previous topic - next topic

• penvzila
  • [*][*][*]
Foobar and flac
Is there a way to make foobar display the bitrate of flac files, or is that just the way flac is?  Winamp displays a bitrate for them, but is it correct?
地獄

Foobar and flac
Reply #1
Is that information actually useful, since flac is lossless compression?

• URMEL
  • [*][*]
Foobar and flac
Reply #2
I think it isn't displayed because FLAC is lossless as said by George. You could have bitrate by dividing filesize/seconds of playtime. BUt would this make sense? I dont think so.

• Case
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer (Donating)
Foobar and flac
Reply #3
Is there a way to make foobar display the bitrate of flac files, or is that just the way flac is?  Winamp displays a bitrate for them, but is it correct?

Wait for 0.6 or use this foo_flac.

• penvzila
  • [*][*][*]
Foobar and flac
Reply #4
The only reason I asked was that winamp displays a bitrate for flac files, usually 700-800.  I KNOW they're lossless, so I geuss it was a stupid question.
地獄

• Garf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer (Donating)
Foobar and flac
Reply #5
The file being losslessy compressed has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with having a bitrate display, the original question was certainly relevant.

The input is a datastream at a certain amount of kbps which is variable and varies depending on the encoded data.  No difference between lossy and lossless.  The output is a fixed bitrate stream. Also no difference between losssy and lossless.