Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Database Search (Read 225679 times) previous topic - next topic

Database Search

Reply #175
foo_dbsearch 1.2.2
  • actions for Enter, Shift+Enter and Control+Enter are shown in the context menu of the resultlist
  • added second config page with options for default settings for the search window

Database Search

Reply #176
foo_dbseach 1.2.4
  • updated default presets (you will have to reset the presets to see the not so important changes)
  • internal cleanup
changes in the not-so-publicly-released version 1.2.3:
  • added ability to enter arbitrary text (format strings) in format field
  • "boolean" filter no longer uses pattern field
  • added status bar
  • made descriptions of context menu items show in status bar
  • made descriptions of filter modes show in status bar
  • pattern and format field are disabled, if they are not used by the selected filter mode

Database Search

Reply #179
could you make an action "Send To Playlist" (like in album list) which instantly sends the marked files to the actual playlist? i mean send to the actual playlist without the dialog-box. I only can find the action "Send To Playlist...".

it would be great if you for example search for an album and mark all found files and then simply press enter and have it in your actual list.

Database Search

Reply #180
I only can find the action "Send To Playlist...".

Amazing.

A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Database Search

Reply #181
I'd like it if the window could be independant from the main window like the playlist search or the preferences.

That way you can access with global hotkeys.

Database Search

Reply #182
If you have a global hotkey for database search, you can pop it up while the main window is hidden by pressing the hotkey twice. This will be fixed in the next release of the plugin.

Database Search

Reply #183
@ssamadhi97:

i'm not blind... but i asked for the option SEND TO PLAYLIST and replace the original playlist content. not to ADD it ot the current playlist. i mean a short enter -> results go to playlist AND foobar starts to play first file. Like in album list.

ciao

Database Search

Reply #184
@ssamadhi97:
Could you please implement "Add to playlist" as selectable default action for double clicking?
Always defragment your MP3s to avoid subtle lack in harmonics.

Database Search

Reply #185
@ssamadhi97:
Could you please implement "Add to playlist" as selectable default action for double clicking?

Install foo_utils, the command is called "Edit/Add to playlist".

Database Search

Reply #186
Thanks, works.
Always defragment your MP3s to avoid subtle lack in harmonics.

Database Search

Reply #187
i'm not blind... but i asked for the option SEND TO PLAYLIST and replace the original playlist content. not to ADD it ot the current playlist. i mean a short enter -> results go to playlist AND foobar starts to play first file. Like in album list.

foosion says that pressing Ctrl+ENTER, ENTER should do exactly that.

- blame him if it doesn't
- 2 keypresses aren't too much to ask, right?
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Database Search

Reply #188
okay... after installing the plugin "foo_utils" i got what i wanted

all fine

Database Search

Reply #189
One small request: That the hotkey for the foo_dbsearch allow you to toggle its visibility (not only make it active), so I don't have to hit the little X every time I'm done with it (or Alt+F4). I'd imagine this isn't too difficult. Would you consider implementing this?

Database Search

Reply #190
I prefer hitting escape instead of Alt+F4 for closing it, since that's easier IMO. I'll consider including a toggle command in a future release.

Database Search

Reply #191
Oh good idea. Thanks for considering toggle!

One other thing: the most common way I personally use database search is to highlight several tracks and send them to the current (almost always 'Default') playlist, replacing the other tracks. Might there be some way in the future to set 'send to playlist' to automatically do it with certain options (which playlist to send to, whether or not to replace current tracks in playlist), so you don't have to go through an extra screen to do it?

Database Search

Reply #192
Set "Edit/Send to playlist" from foo_utils as default action and invoke it with Ctrl+Enter, or assign a keyboard shortcut of your liking to "[context] Edit/Send to playlist" (see a few posts above).

Database Search

Reply #193
How do I set edit/send to playlist as the default action?

I tried setting [context] edit/send to playlist to Ctrl+enter but that always closes the dialogue box when I hit Enter.

Database Search

Reply #194
How do I set edit/send to playlist as the default action?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=229288"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Under "Preferences->Components->Database search" set "Default action" to the desired command.

Database Search

Reply #195
Oh, okay, thanks. Yeah, that works, but it still prompts for which playlist to add it to... is there any way to make it skip that? It's not a problem if it's already on the default playlist, but sometimes it's not (usually after I restart the player).

Database Search

Reply #196
Sorry for confusing that, but the default action is triggered by pressing Enter in the resultlist (as stated in foo_dbsearch_help.html, btw).

Database Search

Reply #197
No, yeah, I got that. I have the default action set to 'send to playlist' just fine, but I'm wondering if there's a way to bypass that extra screen that asks about which playlist to add it to and whether or not to replace and sort the files (because I ALWAYS choose the same options). Can I do that somehow? I want to send the tracks to my Default playlist (my only playlist) and replace the files in the playlist.

Database Search

Reply #198
Yes? No? Maybe so?

Database Search

Reply #199
Yes? No? Maybe so?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=229639"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Be sure to use "Edit/Send to playlist" (from foo_utils) instead of "Send to playlist..." (from the foobar core).