Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Database Search (Read 225694 times) previous topic - next topic

Database Search

Reply #150
feature request : would it be possible to implement a quick-search from the context menu? eg. "Search db for this %artist%" and stuff like that?

I'll see, if I can add this to the current implementation in a clean way. I'd say it is at least 90% possible.

Edit: I'll revise that: It is 100% possible.

Database Search

Reply #151
Yay! thanks. 

Database Search

Reply #152
foo_dbsearch 1.1.1
  • added "Database search/Search for same<x>" commands to context menu
There are entries for directly searching artist, album, title, date and venue (they only show up, if a format preset of that name exists). Another command allows choosing an arbitrary entry.

Database Search

Reply #153
is it possible to make it so you can just press enter after choosing the song using hte up/down arrows without having to use tab or the mouse ala winamp?

great plugin!

Database Search

Reply #154
First : Thanks, foosion! Nice to request a feature, and actually have it implemented just the way i imagined it!
Second : How do i use it 
Rightclicking something like   
  Kashmir - Kiss Me Goodbye - The Good life
And searching for album, searches the database for T only, giving me 1589 hits.

[EDIT]
It doesn't only happen on album-search. Whatever i search for, only the first letter is used.
[/EDIT]

Database Search

Reply #155
Second : How do i use it  
Rightclicking something like   
  Kashmir - Kiss Me Goodbye - The Good life

Select a single file, choose "Database search/Search for same artist" (or album, title, ...) from the contextmenu. You can only search for "artist", if you have a format preset called "artist" (or "Artist", character case is ignored here).
And searching for album, searches the database for T only, giving me 1589 hits.

Fixed in 1.1.2.

Database Search

Reply #156
is it possible to make it so you can just press enter after choosing the song using hte up/down arrows without having to use tab or the mouse ala winamp?

This has been discussed before.

I finally started writing an up-to-date help file for this plugin. It is still incomplete, but you can view it here. The styleshhet is embedded, so you can easily save the page for offline use.

Btw. I'm still searching a nice looking and compatible (across browsers) way to mark the name of menu commands. I'm currently using
Code: [Select]
<span class="cmd">bla</span>

and
Code: [Select]
.cmd:before {
content: "\"";
}

.cmd:after {
content: "\"";
}

but the :before and :after pseudoformats are not understood by IE, and I couldn't find a nice background color or something similar quickly. Suggestions are welcome.

Database Search

Reply #157
This plugin's great.  But a feature request: could you add an ability to search for a blank field? <snip>

Search in database, set format to ... whatever, doesn't matter for this one. Set the filter mode to "match all" or "match" one (the dropdown box to the right of the pattern field). Now type "-%artist%" in the pattern field. Result shown: All items in database without an artist tag. <snip>

The db_search plugin is great.  However, I'm stuck trying to form a query that returns all of the *.flac files that I have with an empty "Genre" field.  Mind you, the tag exists, but it is empty.  I tried the solution you suggested to hermit22, but I only got *.wav files that don't have a Genre tag at all.  I also tried to search with "Format" set to "Genre" and "Pattern" set to " " and that returns files that have a space in the Genre field (like "Alt. Rock")  How do I indicate an empty string in the "Pattern" box?  More generally, how do I form this query using db_search?  Thanks for any help.

Incidentally, these empty Genre fields have occured due to a problem with EAC (v0.9b4) -- if you fill in the "Genre" box with a string that is not in the list box, it doesn't write anything into that field when it makes the *.flac file.  Maybe this is fixed in more recent versions?

Database Search

Reply #158
@Poese:
Your problem is solved rather easily using the "match one" mode. You only need to include +%genre%="" in your pattern. Combined with +%__codec=flac this gives you all the .flac files with an empty, existing genre tag.

Database Search

Reply #159

This has been discussed before..

I, in fact, was the one who brought it up. Im wondering though, you said that you would need to write a complete configurable hotkeys script, and that would be a pain. Is there anyway else that this could be possibly done? Id really appreciate it..

*OR*

The basic search that comes with Foobar will go in the playlist to what you searched for, automatically. Thats what I have my default action set as for your search plugin. Is there any easy way to implement that, so that when you type "blah blah" in the background, the playlist automatically jumps to those results?

Database Search

Reply #160
Im wondering though, you said that you would need to write a complete configurable hotkeys script, and that would be a pain. Is there anyway else that this could be possibly done?

None that I know of.

The basic search that comes with Foobar will go in the playlist to what you searched for, automatically. Thats what I have my default action set as for your search plugin. Is there any easy way to implement that, so that when you type "blah blah" in the background, the playlist automatically jumps to those results?

The builtin playlist search has the advantages that it knows the playlist indices of the result items, and can select them easily and efficiently. foo_dbsearch on the other hand doesn't even know these indices when you set the search domain to "Playlist", so it would have to find the result items in the playlist. This means it would inherently be slower than with playlist search, though I don't know when you'd start noticing. Well, maybe I'll add this and configurable hotkeys during the holidays, but I doubt that. Too many ideas have piled up, and I won't be coding fb2k plugins all the time.

Database Search

Reply #161
I think the ctrl-enter and shift-enter shortcuts are great additions, but why not add a third? It'd be awesome if ctrl-shift-enter could replace the current playlist with the results, begin play with the first item, and close the database search window.

thanks for all your work on this plugin, foosion.

Database Search

Reply #162
foosion: your foo_dbsearch is great
I've got 1 request for this cool component at
10 things I want from fb2k

in case you guys were lazy, I've typed it here
12) In component 's song list (like foo_dbsearch 's result list), the component should add their own items at top of context-menu (OK, this reuest should go to foosion, but I don't know where he is right now ;-).

Database Search

Reply #163
foosion's enjoying a healthy dose of ('net-free) holidays.

Anyway, dbsearch already does what you're requesting.
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Database Search

Reply #164
foo_dbsearch 1.1.3
  • added drag&drop of result items (can be disabled)
  • internal cleanup and optimization
  • sorting can no longer be linked to resultlist string
  • reduced performance penalty for using complex resultlist format
  • fixed minor bug with tracking item in playlist

Database Search

Reply #165
hi! beautiful plugin!
do you think you could add window size memory? the window is a little small for me. thanks!

Database Search

Reply #166
hi! beautiful plugin!
do you think you could add window size memory? the window is a little small for me. thanks!

Go to Preferences/Display and check "Remember window positions".

Database Search

Reply #167
ah, perfect! thank you!

Database Search

Reply #168
Ignore me, just being stupid

Database Search

Reply #169
foo_dbsearch 1.2.0
  • upgraded to SDK version 0.8
  • added support for context menu command hotkeys in the resultlist (marked as [context] under "Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts")
  • fixed "Database search/Search for same..." context menu command

Database Search

Reply #170
The "Toggle quicklist" option has disappeared since V0.11. Can it be reimplemented ?

IMHO it's better to have all the options hidden once they have been setup

Thanks

Database Search

Reply #171
The "Toggle quicklist" option has disappeared since V0.11. Can it be reimplemented ?

IMHO it's better to have all the options hidden once they have been setup

The main reason why this option vanished is that it wasn't that easy to implement after 0.11 (a helper class in the SDK changed). Since then, my opinion on the usefulness of this option has changed. I find myself changing the format setting quite frequently, and I can immediately see what format is set.

Database Search

Reply #172
Would it be possible to implement a standard setting for the search window when starting it with "components/database search". Now, the settings remain as they were in the last search, but i would like to not have to set them back everytime i've done some "special search".

I would like it better if, for example, i could set it to automagically switch to [custom search string] + [match all] whenever i launch the search "without any parameters".

<edit>
While i'm at it : it would also be nice to have CTRL+A select all of the results of the search. Thanks 
</edit>

Database Search

Reply #173
Would it be possible to implement a standard setting for the search window when starting it with "components/database search". Now, the settings remain as they were in the last search, but i would like to not have to set them back everytime i've done some "special search".

I would like it better if, for example, i could set it to automagically switch to [custom search string] + [match all] whenever i launch the search "without any parameters".

I'll consider adding this, though I'll probably need a second config page then.

<edit>
While i'm at it : it would also be nice to have CTRL+A select all of the results of the search. Thanks  
</edit>

Considered as bug report/investigating.