Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Convert (Read 5036 times) previous topic - next topic

Convert

Windows XP sp2, foobar2k V1.0.1 (full) with some other components like burninate ans msnalt
Code: [Select]
foo_albumlist.dll, 
foo_burninate.dll,
foo_cdda.dll,
foo_converter.dll,
foo_dop.dll,
foo_dsp_std.dll,
foo_fileops.dll,
foo_freedb2.dll,
foo_input_alac.dll,
foo_input_std.dll,
foo_msnalt.dll,
foo_rgscan.dll, foo_ui_std.dll,
foo_unpack.dll
, but nothing seems wrong here.
my settings must have something wrong because the convert to FLAC doesn't work. Every time I get the same message.

Convert

Reply #1
The converter's preferences have a field titled 'Command-line encoder folders (one line per entry)'. I added F:\FLAC there (because that's where the flac.exe lies) and it works.

Convert

Reply #2
You need to point foobar to "flac.exe", not "flac frontend.exe".  Change the profile "Encoder" dropdown to "Custom", and edit the path.  I can't imagine what has happened to get you where you currently are.
I'm on a horse.

Convert

Reply #3
You need to point foobar to "flac.exe", not "flac frontend.exe".  Change the profile "Encoder" dropdown to "Custom", and edit the path.  I can't imagine what has happened to get you where you currently are.

thank you for your reply
I have also tried this way but it also didn't work ... because it never asked me later to point to flac.exe . Maybe I have to try again and I'll tell you what happened an other time, the point is to save the new setting with FLAC (flac.exe) but later it never asks me to point to .exe when I try to convert with the new FLAC.
I try to send some screen shot link ... for you could imagine what happened .

Convert

Reply #4
The converter's preferences have a field titled 'Command-line encoder folders (one line per entry)'. I added F:\FLAC there (because that's where the flac.exe lies) and it works.

thank you for help...
here are my setting for converter preference , I have C:\Program Files\FLAC (where is my FLAC folder) in the command line .
I have tried a lot of different setting and the error message I post in the thread is only one among all it happened .
Maybe my previous setting for flac was wrong and I don't really know when I could save a new one for it works.

Convert

Reply #5
Perhaps in the actual converter dialog (that pops up when converting files) you have selected the wrong Output format or preset? To be sure create a new preset / Output format.

Convert

Reply #6

thank you for your reply
I have also tried this way but it also didn't work ... because it never asked me later to point to flac.exe . Maybe I have to try again and I'll tell you what happened an other time, the point is to save the new setting with FLAC (flac.exe) but later it never asks me to point to .exe when I try to convert with the new FLAC.
I try to send some screen shot link ... for you could imagine what happened .

here I have set a custom FLAC after deleting the previous one and found a new box (with FLAC selected and clicking the edit button) to fill ... maybe this is wrong ?

Alas it didn't work any more and gave me an other error report :

why the same folder works perfectly with the mp3(lame) V0 :

Convert

Reply #7
You cannot use titleformatting in converter settings.

Change "Parameters" to:
-5 - -o %d

Or just use default settings:
-s --ignore-chunk-sizes -5 - -o %d

Convert

Reply #8
All your problems are entirely self-inflicted. Please use built-in FLAC presets instead of custom ones (which you neither need nor have any clue how to deal with).
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Convert

Reply #9
The converter dialog (titled "Converter Setup"), i.e. where you can setup which output format is used, which DSP processing is applied etc., offers an option group "Output files" with title-formatting-enabled inputs "Name format" and "Name format & grouping pattern" (each one for a different case).

Convert

Reply #10
The converter dialog (titled "Converter Setup"), i.e. where you can setup which output format is used, which DSP processing is applied etc., offers an option group "Output files" with title-formatting-enabled inputs "Name format" and "Name format & grouping pattern" (each one for a different case).

thank you for your help...
Actually I use the second choice : Generate multi track files with "Name format & grouping pattern"
Could you explain me how does it works and the difference between both ?
I have set the same command in the two boxes because I didn't know what to do ! 
here it is : [%album artist% - ]%album% - %title%

I asked a friend why the Flac output converted files didn't save the track number and I get a folder with files out of order .
He told me I could create a m3u playlist saved with foobar, because foobar could alway put all in order, and later save it in the destination folder.
But I still don't understand exactly why at first I couldn't put the previous folder in order ?
it works with mp3 , the out put is out of order only with flac ....

Convert

Reply #11
The formatting string "[%album artist% - ]%album% - %title%" simply does not include the track numbers! If you don't know title formatting, first read the Title Formatting Reference. If you need more help, search for a general tutorial or ask somebody explicitely about an introduction.
Here you obviously need to include %tracknumber% in an appropriate place (I guess you want it at the beginning).

Convert

Reply #12
The formatting string "[%album artist% - ]%album% - %title%" simply does not include the track numbers! If you don't know title formatting, first read the Title Formatting Reference. If you need more help, search for a general tutorial or ask somebody explicitely about an introduction.
Here you obviously need to include %tracknumber% in an appropriate place (I guess you want it at the beginning).

thanks for the link because I should learn how to make all that formatting ...
I have done but it still happened , look here:

Convert

Reply #13
it still encodes and leaves an out of order out put folder

Click on "Nom" tab in Explorer. This isn't foobar problem.

Convert

Reply #14
it still encodes and leaves an out of order out put folder

Click on "Nom" tab in Explorer. This isn't foobar problem.

oh yes I apologize and return to configure with the track number,