Skip to main content
Topic: Error using foo_burninate (Read 9983 times) previous topic - next topic

Error using foo_burninate

I am using the CD-burning component (foo_burninate) for foobar2000 v1.0. I do have Alcohol 120% installed as well and disabled my virtual drives but when I try to burn an audio CD using foo_burninate, I get Audio CD burning process failed: Unsupported recorder mode (0xC0AA0208).

I am also using Windows XP Professional SP 3.

Does anyone know how to fix this error? A preemptive thanks.

Reply #2
I did use the forum search and there didn't really seem to be any solid solution aside from disabling any Virtual Drives and updating the driver for your CD/DVD (re)writer. I disabled my drives but I can't find a driver for my CD/DVD writer as it's a fairly old one (A BenQ from 2004).

Reply #3
Another solution that you do not list but has been suggested in the recent past is to roll back to an earlier version of foo.burninate.

Link

Reply #4
...when I try to burn an audio CD using foo_burninate, I get Audio CD burning process failed: Unsupported recorder mode (0xC0AA0208).

I had that same error pop up.  I'd reinstalled and upgraded FB2K since I last successfully burned a CD.  Following the suggestion to try an older version of foo_burninate, I installed a copy of 2.0.1 found on Softpedia here and things are working again.

I wonder if the developer is aware of this problem.

I love the ability to apply replaygain and dsp effects when using foo_burninate. The older version doesn't support burning gapless tracks, but the dsp crossfader is a decent workaround.

I haven't found anything on the possibility of adding artist and title information when burning a CD.  Is this something that most people just aren't interested at this point?

TS
Geopoliticus Child Watching the Birth of the New Man

Reply #5
...when I try to burn an audio CD using foo_burninate, I get Audio CD burning process failed: Unsupported recorder mode (0xC0AA0208).

I had that same error pop up.  I'd reinstalled and upgraded FB2K since I last successfully burned a CD.  Following the suggestion to try an older version of foo_burninate, I installed a copy of 2.0.1 found on Softpedia here and things are working again.

I wonder if the developer is aware of this problem.

I love the ability to apply replaygain and dsp effects when using foo_burninate. The older version doesn't support burning gapless tracks, but the dsp crossfader is a decent workaround.

I haven't found anything on the possibility of adding artist and title information when burning a CD.  Is this something that most people just aren't interested at this point?

TS

Where is the NERO plugin for the old foo_burninate???
Nov schmoz kapop.

Reply #6
Where is the NERO plugin for the old foo_burninate???

OH!  I forgot about that Nero requirement.  foo_burninate  2.0.I worked for me because I have Nero installed.  I was never aware of a separate Nero component for FB2K.  It'd be really nice to see the error prolblem resolved for the newer versions of foo_burninate.

TS

Reply #7
The old foo_burninate requires one of a number of legacy versions of Nero Burning Rom installed on your computer.

It used to be that a copy of Nero came bundled with about every OEM computer or burning drive, but since that is no longer the case and just about every computer has IMAPIv2 for free, that backend was switched to instead.

Unfortunately, it seems certain legacy drives have issues with IMAPI, so those (seemingly) randomly don't work.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #8
The old foo_burninate requires one of a number of legacy versions of Nero Burning Rom installed on your computer.

I see there used to be a FB2K component foo_nero.dll. However it seems it still needed certain Nero files to deal with differently encoded file types.

There does seem to be a workaround for burning CDs in older versions of FB2K that I read here.  It involves copying 10 Nero files to a FB2K subdirectory and adding a few lines to Windows' registry. 

Those 10 files can be extracted from a Nero 6.x installer with WinRAR.  I downloaded a trial version of Nero Burning ROM 6.6.1.4 here, and confirmed that it contains those 10 Nero files. 

I didn't try setting them up to see if the files from the trial copy of Nero will work with foo_burninate  2.0.1 without restrictions.  boojum might want to give that a try

TS

Reply #9
It is not so much foobar as the drives that causes the problem.

My Sony Optariac gives the error as described but the slightly newer Samsung does not.

So you might also consider buying a new drive. Don't cost much.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020