Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Display %initialkey% (Read 4026 times) previous topic - next topic

Display %initialkey%

Hi,
i browsed the forum a bit, but just found old posts.

Is it possible to Display the %initialkey% tag for mp3s now? i found this nice thread http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/lofive.../t75753.htmland it shows the Key tags... but i don't know how to do that. i dont wanna use APEv2 tags.

my first thread was deleted here, cause i bumped the old thread (the link above). But this thread and the bumped thread are about different topics, so please read before delete.. it's not crossposting.

Display %initialkey%

Reply #1
sorry but you need to learn how to ask questions. i have no idea what you're on about. :/

Display %initialkey%

Reply #3
According to http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...ID3_Tag_Mapping no key-related frames are read, so you would have to use a custom (TXXX) frame. You did not specify how you fill the desired frame in the first place; should we assume it is by a different application using a dedicated frame? If so, you might be out of luck.

Display %initialkey%

Reply #4
As tedious OP was kindly asked to provide solution to other users bumping here (presumably not such common a55hole5), but did not respond to it in a manner as author responded to his email question, I'm posting answer

This is the code for key coloring:

Code: [Select]
$puts(maj,$select($strstr(B;F#;D♭;A♭;E♭;B♭;F;C;G;D;A;E;,%key%;),7,,8,,,9,,,10,,,11,,,12,,,1,,2,,3,,4,,5,,6))
$puts(min,$select($strstr(A♭m;E♭m;B♭m;Fm;Cm;Gm;Dm;Am;Em;Bm;F#m;D♭m;,%key%;),7,,,,8,,,,9,,,,10,,,11,,,12,,,1,,,2,,,3,,,4,,,5,,,,6))

[%key% $hsl($sub(240,$mul($if2($get(maj),$get(min)),20)),$if($get(maj),240,180),$if($get(maj),120,90))∎]

It corresponds to KEY tag, unlike INITIALKEY - or TKAY frame which can't be read by foobar in case of MP3 file

Visual helper here: http://i52.tinypic.com/2mp9x8p.png

Display %initialkey%

Reply #5
Thanks for the script dingdong.

Not sure if this is the correct place to do this but can I put a request in to include the facility to natively read/write the TKEY / %initialkey% frame?

Although dingdong has given used a TXXX frame (%KEY%) to achieve this it would be great it foobar could support this frame.  At present the program I use to key tracks with, Mixed In Key, writes to the correct frame as does the DJ software Traktor Pro so its a real bummer that foobar does not.

Is there any chance of this feature being added to the core functionality at any stage or at the very least, enable it to be achieved by using the SDK?

Display %initialkey%

Reply #6
i think you should post that in the "Development" section....