Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Request] Direct file/folder browser (like MediaMonkey) (Read 2233 times) previous topic - next topic

[Request] Direct file/folder browser (like MediaMonkey)

Foobar uses the standard media library method to browse the music  file. This means I've to scan the folders where my music is saved and finally I can see the songs in the media library. This is good but since I add daily music and often I need to make file operations among songs (move them from folder to folder) it would be great to have a new panel in the user interface where i can browse the files and folders directly as they are in my Hard Disk, including USB devices and so on. This feature is present in Media Monkey, i.e.
In this way i can browse my USB disk, I can go in the "incoming" folder, I can see there my music, prelisten the songs, edit the tags, delete or move the songs to the definitive position and finally I can rescan the library.
And moreover, it would be a dream to have two different panels for file browser and to be able to make file operations between the panels (move/copy files from panel to panel) something like dual pane file commanders (i.e. xplorer2 or freecommander).

Thank you.
Great software btw

Reply #1
Library->Album List
At the bottom of the panel go to view drop-down and select "by folder structure"
If you didn't install the album list component, you need to rerun the installer and select to install it.

Also, if you need to see files outside of your library, you can just use your favorite file commander and just drag and drop into fb2k as needed. There's little need for fb2k to copy a file manager's functionality; it's file operations are basically an extension of what a file manager would already do.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
In this way i can browse my USB disk, I can go in the "incoming" folder, I can see there my music, prelisten the songs, edit the tags, delete or move the songs to the definitive position and finally I can rescan the library.
Rescanning the library is not required since the addition of folder watching. Furthermore, if you have an explicit "Incoming" folder, you can trivially make an Autoplaylist that contains everything in that folder, saving you from having to browse in explorer. Finally, if you have this Autoplaylist...
And moreover, it would be a dream to have two different panels for file browser and to be able to make file operations between the panels (move/copy files from panel to panel) something like dual pane file commanders (i.e. xplorer2 or freecommander).
...you can trivially drag and drop tracks from the autoplaylist to whatever other playlist you want. It's not quite dual-pane, but it works.